cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DGP Imminent and predecessor Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having object inconsistency between QA and Production when we are importing transports to production, We are moving changes through solution manager only, Can the predecessor check or Imminent check of DGP detects these inconsistency. The consistency is because of dependent objects which are not moved to production and is lying in Quality system. But we are not sure whether these transport requests are created through Charm or not, Will DGP import check will detect as conflict during import to production?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

DGP uses CSOL so I would think this should be feasible. Ideally, you use CHARM in general and you don't have to worry about this but there are SAP notes that can help out to even give messages outside of CHARM, check point 2.2 here How to work with Change Request Management Cross System Object Lock CSOL - Solution Manager - SCN Wi...

How to work with Change Request Management Downgrade Protection DGP - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Not sure about the productive import through CHARM in terms of getting error message on request outside of CHARM. I would think this would work but I haven't tested this so I would suggest you test this using a harmless example to be sure.

In SAP Solution Manager 7.2, there is also functionality provided in the charm administration cockpit to read transport requests and fill the CSOL table historically instead of only starting at a given point in time when the configuration was done.

Best regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that the configuration of CSOL works project based so if you're not using projects it won't work . In the end it's better to create all the transport requests through CHARM so you won't have to deal with this hybrid situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

We are facing rarely object inconsistency issue between QA and prod when importing through ChaRM, later we are finding out the missing object are old object is in QA or may in DEV , we are not sure the missing object may created through Charm or not. Of course if the object is created through Charm we can see the details of the conflict in Charm document itself. Here my I ask whether it will detect conflict even if it is created outside Charm mainly for import(predecessor check and imminent check)check?.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

I can test this out later this week if you want but I haven't tried this so right now I cannot confirm with certainty.

Best regards

Tom