cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0ADHOC_TABLE Error

0 Kudos

Greetings Experts!

First, let me assure you we have tried all the things we found on SCN and via search engines for the 0ADHOC_TABLE issue with no success. Secondly, let me give you all the specs of what we have and where we are in hopes someone has the magic bullet to repair or solve our issue.

We are on BW 7.4 SP05 and have 4 environments, all using the ABAP stack.

1) Sandbox running on Hana, but not yet Hana optimized

2) Dev is fully prepped for Hana, with all data sources and load mechanisms as 7.x, BEx 3.x cleaned up and all old yada removed, as per SAP Hana "How to prep" typwe documentation

3) Our quality and production boxes are not Hana prepped except for all data sources and load mechanisms as 7.x

The problem is this:

In RSRT, with a valid BEx 7.x query in the "Query" field, "List" or "HTML" as the choiuce in the "Query Display", we hit the "ABAP Web" icon and get the following error in IE11:

======================================

Technical Information for Message:

Error loading template 0ADHOC_TABLE 

Message Number BRAIN 276 

======================================

Steps to troubleshoot:

1) We can run the same scenario with success in the Sandbox, Quality, and Production boxes with no issue. We have validated RSCUSTV21 and RSCUSTV27 values are the same in all environments and checked SPRO.

2) We cannot activate 0ADHOC_TABLE in our Dev box as it fails with a short text dump stating "Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible."

3) We have tried to use the "Publish to Web" option in the BEx Query Designer, but that is another issue altogether; such that it is not applicable as a solution here.

Can anyone of the zillions of SAP experts out there help?

Thank you,

Kurt Dukes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

We solved the issue!!!!

Here are the steps taken that solved the issue:

1) We Logged into our Sandbox and our Dev box

2) We navigated to SE38 and ran program RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN

3) In our Dev box the template 0ADHOC_TABLE was blank, but in our Sandbox the template existed

4) Copied the code in our Sandbox and pasted into our Dev Box and attempted to save, but the system complained of an error

5) We opened a new session and went to SE11 and queried table RSZWTEMPLATE for ADHOC*

6) We found two records for 0ADHOC_TABLE, one 'A' and one 'D' records each.

7) Opened a new session in our Dev box and searched SE38 for a program to delete templates. We found RSZW_DELETE_CORRUPT and entered 0ADHOC_TABLE

😎 Once again, we copied the code for 0ADHOC_TABLE in RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN and pasted it into our Dev box.

9) In another new session in our Dev box, we navigated to RSRT and ran a query with 'List' as Query Display and used 'ABAP Web'. A new error appeared, complaining of 0ADHOC_INFOS.

10) We repeated steps 7,8, and 9, but this time for 0ADHOC_INFOS

11) We then repeated steps 7,8, and 9 for 0ADHOC_CONDITIONS

12) Success!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt -

one thing I would like to know from you , any recent stack upgrades or BW upgrade has been done to your systems ?

actually I faced the Same situation during one of my projects.

Similar type of error you will face I hope so while running the query through RSRT.

The thing you need to do is in order to get rid of this issue is , you need to install the what ever the objects which are missing while running the report  from the BI content (RSORBCT) WEB Templates.

These are the following Templates need to be installed related to ADHOC.

Please mark the Question if it satisfies your requirement .

Thanks and regards

Kumar.

0 Kudos

Kumar:

Thank you for the reply, but two thoughts....

1) We cannot install the 3.x objects as it causes a dump

2) The stacks are the same for our systems that are not on Hana. Remember, our Sandbox is on Hana, and our Dev box is not, but our Dev box has been prepped for Hana. That is to say we have used the program ZBW_HANA_CHECKLIST to clean out all old yada that would cause us to not be able to migrate to Hana.

So, are we in such a state like 'Limbo' at this point? As in, is there something in the migration to Hana that addresses this and 'automagically' makes it all work properly?

Thank you,

Kurt

PS -- We are not using a Java stack currently. We are strictly using ABAP Web in the scope of this RSRT issue. If anyone can answer how to make 'Publish to the web' work in BEx Query Designer, that would suffice as a solution for us.