Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave creation via PPF not considering immediate wave release option

schulte-bahrenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

we are faced with a strange system behaviour of wave handling. We have set the release method to 'B'. When I create a wave with this template in SCWM/WAVE transaction and save it the wave gets released as expected.

However, in standard PPF (/SCWM/WHR_WAVE_ASSIGN_NEW) on ODO level a new wave with the same template is created but not released immediately (at least the status is still on I - Iniitial and no WTs are created). I can release this wave manually and have the WTs created.

Now it gets even better -

when I create another ODO with same product which would find the same wave the system checks the wave created before (which I did not release manually in this example) but does not consider it as is "has been released already" (remember - the status says still 'Initial').

Anybody who was faced with a similar behaviour? Any idea which settings are missing to have a correct release in background?

thanks in advance!

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

Can you please check the below. Might be missing the below

1> Condition record missing for Wave template z003

Now it gets even better -

when I create another ODO with same product which would find the same wave the system checks the wave created before (which I did not release manually in this example) but does not consider it as is "has been released already" (remember - the status says still 'Initial').

2> Please check wave assignment check in wave template.

Also Please Check Capacity Profile in Wave.

Also  Please activate the log  /SCWM/ACTLOG - Activate Application Log

WAVE_RELWave Release

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Many Thanks,

Ajit

schulte-bahrenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

thanks for the response but I think you did not get the point - I try to explain a bit better.

The wave is created (so no issue with condition record to find the wave template) and also the system makes sure that no additional ODO items are assigned to the waves (so no issue with wave assignment check in wave template).

The problem is that on the one hand

- system does not allow to add new items to the wave saying that "is is already released"

but on the other hand

- status is on 'I - Iniitial' and no warehouse tasks are created

This behaviour can only be observed in case the waves are created with this wave template in backgound (e.g. by PPF). In case I create the wave manually with the same wave template in SCWM/WAVE transaction it is released immediately (like defined in the template), status changes to 'released' and WTs are created.

Does it become clear now?

Regards,

Hendrik

schulte-bahrenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 0002235140 solved the problem!

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

I am so sorry for late reply.Happy to know your issue has been solved.

Many Thanks,

Ajit