cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Calculation view which Contains Remote Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to transport calculation view which contains the remote source connection and ECC table for e.g. BKPF.

In sandbox BW system this table is connected to HANA ECC sandbox system for remote connection, after transport to quality system it should automatically point to quality ECC remote connection which is available in the target system.  Currently it points to

For normal transport from one system to another system, we do schema mapping for transport ,that’s working fine,

This is similar to source system conversion in BW.

But how to change automatically the remote source connection in target system after transport.

If anybody face this issue, please suggest. Or there is no way to change the remote connection automatically

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maxnuf
Explorer
0 Kudos

When using remote sources, you create virtual tables.

These virtual tables need to reside in a schema.

I don't think you can transport remote sources. So you will need to create your remote sources in each system and create virtual tables in each system.

I would suggest you create 1 schema ECC_REMOTE and ensure that in both sandbox and in quality you create your virtual tables in that schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niels,

Thanks for your answer, I think you are right we need to create different remote source in each and individual system.

But can you check below link where they have asked something called schema alias replacement, this option will work or not ?

I am not able to find this option in my system.

SAP HANA Remote Source Configuration - Administration Guide for SAP HANA Smart Data Integration and ...

maxnuf
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think Schema alias replacement is to be used on the source schema of your connection.

This is useful when the schema is changed in the source or when you change connection to different server (with different schema name)

It is not available for all Adapters.
I found some more information under `Microsoft SQL Server Log Reader`

Using a Schema Alias - Administration Guide for SAP HANA Smart Data Integration and SAP HANA Smart D...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemang,

Please check this SCN thread.

It is possible to transport Virtual Tables from SPS12.

Regards,

Muthuram