cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language at Login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know where you can control which languages should be available on the login page ?

Br Rasmus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having asimilar problem, EP6 SP2 patch 27 we use to be able to use the default of the browser, now with patch 30, the default language looks in R/3 su01 in the communication language, if this is blank, it then looks at the default login of the R/3 system. This is a problem if a user want to be able to change language on the fly. I should mention that we are using R/3 authentication for all our users. quick question, are you allowing the user to switch language in the portal?

Jean Seguin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the users cannot change the language in the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, we now allow users to change there language in the portal, we use to go with the Internet explorer language, but with patch 30 this is not possible anymore.

Thanks

Jean Seguin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to access a language specifict Portal logon page you can simply add

?ume.logon.locale=LanguageCode

after the portal logon page URL; e.g. a Spanish portal logon page will be:

http://<host:port>/irj/portal?ume.logon.locale=es

It can even be more specific e.g.

Mexican Spanish is “es_MX” or US English en_US

The portal also gives us the option to add new property language files for languages that are currently not supported by SAP EP6.

the file name is language_xx.property. there is a documentation on this in sdn area. search for customising the Logon page.

You can also have a drop down menu for selecting languages on the logon page by changing the UME property: UME.Logon.locale from FALSE to True.

Haik

Message was edited by: Haik Nazarian

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It picks up the browser language as standard, then uses whatever is specified in your user profile.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.

Your answer is correct but, when a language is specified in your browser and it is not supported by the site it moves on to the next language specified. And if it doesnt support any of the language in the browser it takes the default.

My real problem is actually the opposite. Regardless of what i have specified in my browser only the same language is shown on the login page. So i figured that somewhere you should be able to add/remove languages supported.

Br Rasmus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not working for me.

We are in EP6SP16.

With parameters in URL, it's working but if we used the Support module he don't take the right language.

HELP HELP!

Regards

Message was edited by: HERMEL Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

What do you mean by "Support module"?

You said that the URL worked.

Haik