cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display an image from SAP web repository in FPM application dynamically???

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any option to display an image dynamically from SAP Web repository in FPM application?

I have seen some article on Carousel UIBB for displaying image in FPM, but it's not clear.

If anybody know the process, please suggest...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

it's already one step closer .

Please go to the Carousel Configuration and set width and height settings for the images. Hope then everything will work.

Best regards

Jinchi

P.S. I just see that you wrote that the test application doesn't work. In which system are you, so I can check?

0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already set the height and width settings for the image , however it's displaying the different image.

I am using SAP MDG system for testing the standard test application.

Regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

the image not different, it's just not displayed. The black arrows you see in there a the "Scroll-arrows" and the images should be between them. It means the carousel UIBB is rendered, but just without any images. Since you have already set width and height, it could be that there is some problem with the url. Can you please try another picture url?

Best regards

Jinchi

0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

The black arrows are getting displayed even there is no image source supplied in the code.

And also I have tried with different picture URL.

If possible ,Can you please try carousel UIBB in your system with any image from MIME repository and let me know the correct URL address to be passed to the image source in GET_DATA method?

Please find the below screen shot.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

I have attached some screenshots from our internal system. Principally I don't see a problem with our picture URL... but could you maybe try a JPEG picture?

Best regards

Jinchi

0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

Thanks for sharing your screen.

I am able to display JPG image but not GIF images.

I need to display GIF images from SAP Web repository(SMW0).

Could you please suggest me how to achieve this ?

If possible can you confirm if there is a limitation to display GIF images?If yes is there any work around for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

that is a strange problem. We are using the SAP UI5 Carousel control and it should be able to accept gif pictures. To rule out that there is a problem with the MIME path, could you please try this file:

http://www.sap.com/global/images/SAPlogo.gif

Best regards

Jinchi

0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

I'm able to display this GIF file from MIME Repository.

But as I mentioned in my earlier reply we need to display the GIF image from Web Repository(SMW0).

Right now I have no clue to build the path for the image from web repository?

Kindly suggest me on this.

Regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

the image source must be on the same application server as the application with the carousel itself, because the relative path you enter as src is dependant on the application server. If the image from Web Repository is not on the server, then it will not be displayed.

Best regards

Jinchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

pass the value for EV_DATA_CHANGED parameter as abap_true.

Hope it will helps you.

Regards,

Naga

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

we agree that EV_DATA_CHANGED could be the reason. Can you please set it to ABAP_TRUE?

In addition, you should bind the above coding to a specific FPM Event (parameter IO_EVENT->MV_EVENT_ID), e.g. 'FPM_START'.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

After adding ev_data_changed parameter I'm able to see some arrow kind of Icon as showed in the below screen shot however it's not displaying the actual image( Logon.JPG).

For your information -- Even I run standard application FPMGB_TEST_OVP_CAROUSEL_UIBB, and even that is not showing the images on my browser(IE11).

Regards,

Ramya

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

in Carousel UIBB just implement the Feeder Class with interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_CAROUSEL.

Here you have in method GET_DATA the changing parameter CT_CONTENT, in which you can provide the image sources regarding the MIME Repository.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I have implemented the feeder class with the required details in GET_DATA method.

And also I have created a Carousel UIBB in my configuration. But when I'm trying to configure this Carousel uibb it's not showing any details related to image and there is no option for testing it.

Can you please suggest me how to configure this Carousel uibb?

Regards,

Ramya

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

the image sources themself cannot be configured. You have to provide them via dynamically in method GET_DATA ...

For testing you have to run the FPM application.

It is simply designed like this

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I have provided the image source in get_data method only.

But still image is not image displaying .

please check the screen shots for your reference.

Kindly let me know what I'm missing??

Regards,

Ramya