cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ALV Columns - Layout Not Refreshing

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created a application, user gives the input and based on the input am changing the columns dynamically. At first time its displaying the columns as per the input and showing the respective values in the columns, but whenever in the same screen if the user gives different input the columns are not changing dynamically means the layout it's not refreshing basically.

I have tried ALV interface controller refresh and table setting refresh at each time whenever the action triggers. Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Its solved.

Seems the standard functionality of REFRESH is not working as it should, so i am handling by condition.

If the type is A then HIDE else Visible, this condition is used to solve the issue.

Anyway thanks to all.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

After changing the displayed structure of the ALV, you need to call the ALV interface controller's SET_DATA method to regenerate the ALV with the new structure. Documentation on this method is available on help.sap.com:

SET_DATA - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Cheers,
Amy

0 Kudos

hi..

Or you can go with dynamic node creation..

Using an ALV with Dynamic Context Nodes in Web Dynpro

0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Try calling your code in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method of the view itself. This will refresh the data on every user click.

Thanks,

Varuna

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Go to the component SALV_WD_TABLE->COMPONENT_CONTROLLER. Go to methods,find out the method name with refresh(check whether interface check box is selected) . Call that method under the action/event where the data needs to be refresh.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Try to refresh the context node mapped to the ALV data and repopulate the context node based on the user input.

BR,

Arun.

0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

There is no problem with the data, am using Invalidate method and binding to

the node that is working fine.

Am facing issue in Layout. 

Thanks,

Gopinath