cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PowerDesigner run on a Microsoft Surface 3?

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm thinking of buying a tablet to carry around with me, to avoid having to lug around my beast of a laptop just to access email, internet, Office 365 etc. Yesterday I looked at several options, one of which is the Microsoft Surface 3; it's available for slightly more money than the Samsung Android tablet I was looking at, with the advantage that, in theory, I can run PowerDesigner on it. My question is, has anyone tried running PD on one, or anything else with the low-powered Intel Atom CPU? The Surface 3 CPU is a Quad Core Intel Atom x7-Z8700 processor (1.6GHz to 2.4GHz). I wouldn't use it for pre-sales demos or anything, but it would be nice to reduce the weight of my laptop bag sometimes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I run PD daily on my Surface Book and I have consultants in the field that have used the Surface Pro. The Surface Pro is just limited by the screen size.

-Matt C.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I left it too late to buy the Surface 3, UK stocks were limited to the most basic model by last week. Luckily, I was able to pick up one of the last Surface 3 Pro models in a clearance sale. It does run PD no problem, but it should, with Core i5, 4GB RAM and a decent SSD.

Xiao-yun
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It works fine if it is a Surface Pro or Surface Book.

We have already tried, it works fine.

It is a real PC with Intel processor.

However, Surface RT with ARM processor may not work.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Xiao. I don't think they do the RT version any more