cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict creation of Delivery Inspection lot without deactivating Insp type in Material Master

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any possibility to restrict Delivery Inspection lot creation for Sales Order Delivery based on user decision without deactivating the Inspection type in the Material Master ?

I know in standard SAP, we can do that based on Delivery category (Usage) for the Sales Order line item. But Usage field is used for sales specific functionality which cannot be clubbed with QM as per our requirement.

Please let me know if you've come across any such scenario/enhancement/function module which can be used to restrict inspection lot creation without deactivating Inspection type.

Rgds,

Keerthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I had came across such scenario in my past and we have configured two different delivery types for the same. One with inspection another without it. User need to select particular delivery type at the time of creation of delivery.

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipesh. In my case, from SD perspective, delivery types and delivery categories (usage) are used with multiple scheduling agreements in various countries and cannot be used from QM perspective as per the business decision.

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keethi,

If you can explain the business process or needs, then the community can help you out in better way.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Requirement -

Material XXX active with 10 inspection type.

Inspection lot for delivery needs to be created only for some sales order and not for all.

Suggestions ruled out due to UI & SD interface -

Delivery categories & types - They cannot be changed

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the decision to carry out a type 10 inspection based on?  It's odd that this decision would change from order to order for the same customer/material combination.

You can control the type 10 inspection based on the SD info record and this is usually done in advance of orders based on agreements and the customer requirements.  This is done by settnig the record as inspection by customer and NOT before or after delivery.

You could possibly add a charateristic into a class assigned to the orders and have the CSR set the characteristic as inspection "required" or "not required".  Then when the delivery is created, it probably should be possible to modify the SD info record for inspection or not for inspection.

But whatever you do, I think it will need development.

Craig