cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Access Request Status Web Service returns Null Value

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently I have come across a scenario where in GRAC_REQUEST_STATUS_WS web service is returning Null Values in Request status. Usually the request that it would send back is "OK" or "PARTIAL_OK" .We use Idm for Access Request creation which in turn creates a request in GRC. Everything seems to be working fine as far as other webservices are concerned but Request Status web services is returning a null value only for few a requests every now and then. I have confirmed this via SOAP UI. I am very new to webservices and I wanted to check if you guys can give me any leads or pointers on how to debug or where to start with RCA.

Null request status

Correct Request Status

Thanks in advance

SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SV,

the output is correct. In case you do not have an REQSTATUS the item is still pending. Once it's completely approved you will see a status like OK, PARTIAL_OK or FAILED (based on the provisioning).

In the first screenshot you can also see that an approver is pending.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hi Alesandro,

Thanks for the quick reply on this. I forgot to mention in my previous post that all these requests which are showing up as Null on request status are already approved in GRC and the request is in completed status. The completion status is the same for the requests which have the correct status being passed as well.

Null Request GRC status

Correct Request GRC status

Thanks

SV (Sandeep)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did u check SLG1 log in GRC.

request status null value, may happen for many reason.

please check system logs as well.

Regards,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I don't think you can find any of the web services logging details in SLG1, the system logs are pertained to the GRC system itself. SLG1 would only provide you details if you have any issues with the GRC access request processing itself, but nothing pertaining to it status being communicated to IDM or any other external systems using the web services.

In my experience I have not found any info related to web-service logs in SLG1.

Sandeep,

I have never come across this particular issue but please check the SOAmanager logs, you might find any useful information there.

Please update us if you were able to find any details there on web service logging?

Thanks

Narsimha R Katipally

0 Kudos

Hi Prasant, I couldnt find anything in SLG1 logs as the request completed successfully and the logs shows that the role was assigned ( in the case of change request) successfully and all green. ANy other leads as to where else/ what else can i check?

Thanks
Sandeep

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I have debugged the web service and checked how the values get generated. Can you please share the entries for the wrong request from table GRACREQPROVLOG?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alessandro