cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple values in single batch of different inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is  the i am creation multiple Inspection lot against one batch.

now when i am doing the result Recording for inspection lot one by one.

It will overwrite batch characteristics with current value at the end only the value of the last values i can see in the batch characteristics.

In want all the values of different lots to be stored in single batch characteristics , In CT04 i also select multiple values allowed .

even though it overwrite it with the latest values of the the lots.

Thanks Regards

Sandeep Tawar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

This is the standard SAP behavior and the batch characteristics will have the latest values of the inspection results irrespective of "multiple values allowed" in the class characteristic.

I never came across such requirement.

But, if you need to update the values, you can use Usage Decision Follow up actions. In that follow up action, You can put your own code to get the values from all the inspection lot and update the same in the batch. Also, it doesn't allow duplicate values. Eg. if you have char A and 5 inspection lot with values 100, 100, 200, 300, 400 then the characteristic can store 100, 200, 300, 400 only.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh ,

By using follow up action how i can store muliple value in  batch characteristics.

Do we need to find some Functional module which need to assignedwith UD code

If you have any idea please let me know.

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Use FM QFOA_COPY_REFERENCE_FORM as a reference and create your own function module. In this custom FM you need to use BAPI for batch change to change the batch data. (there are many threads available on SCN to get the required BAPI)

After that, go to SPRO >> Quality Management >> Quality Inspection >> Inspection Lot Completion >> Define Follow-Up Actions >> Follow-Up Actions. Here create new follow up action and assign the custom FM to the follow up action.

Now, you need to assign this followup action to the UD codes in QS51 (change selected set).

Once, the assignment done, you can test in inspection lot by making UD of the inspection lot with the UD code with the follow up action.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, as mentioned earlier, you cannot store duplicate values in batch characteristics. Also, keep this in mind before you go further.

e.g. you have 5 inspection lot with char A for the same batch. You have recorded the results as follows

Lot 1      char A      value 100.000

Lot 2      char A      value 100.000

Lot 3      char A      value 100.200

Lot 4      char A      value 100.100

Lot 5      char A      value 100.300

then in batch classification, when you check, it will show as below

char A      value 100.000

char A      value 100.200

char A      value 100.100

char A      value 100.300

as the value for lot 1 and lot 2 are same.