cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused) for sapcontrol commands

Former Member

Hi All,

We have Netweaver 7.4 running on Linux OS, Database is Oracle 11g.

We have CI and SCS running on one host and two other hosts where application servers are running.

When we execute any sapcontrol command like GetVersioninfo or local host they work on CI host but does not work on app servers host and gives error -

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function ParameterValue SAPLOCALHOST

15.09.2016 14:07:32

ParameterValue

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetVersionInfo

15.09.2016 14:20:42

GetVersionInfo

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

we have parameter service/protectedwebmethods = DEFAULT  and also checked sapuxuserchk has correct permissions -

-rwsr-x--- 1 root sapsys 916426 Nov 23  2013 sapuxuserchk

I also saw some threads to update sapstartsrv but on CI host commands are working and issue is on App Servers only then I am thinking that is not idea.

We are going to execute upgrade soon on this server and I am doubting if this is going to create problem during that time.

Thanks,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Hi Shivam.

Could you check this SCN link How to solve NIECONN_REFUSED issues during sapc... | SCN

BR

SS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

"connection refused" usually means nothing is listening on port on the affected host. You are trying to connect to sapstartsrv with the instance number "00", it means you are trying to connect to the port 50013 on the local host. It looks like on this port no programs are listening. Please check sapstartsrv.log trace for the info on which ports sapstartsrv is listening. Do you see entries in this trace like this:

Webservice thread started, listening on port 50013

Trusted http connect via Unix domain socket '/tmp/.sapstream50013' enabled.

Regards,
Alwina