Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception received: 2: Deleting of file failed in sftp sender adapter

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Received an alert  in production environment like below where file failed to delete from the folder though sftp channel has configured with options delete option enabled.Due to this file has been duplicated though duplicate file checking has been enable this is happening quite frequently in my production server.

Exception received: 2: Deleting of KFIL_AXIS_PMT_18313846_15092016060954.sins failed.

in log viewer also i can see the error as same.

Component

PIB2BSFTP1000.1.0.4.11.20150708051700

is  in above patch and latest patch i can see in  market place is 1000.1.0.4.21.20160706043300.

If i update patch will it really solve my problem?? as it recommended to be in latest patch i can't see any bug in recent patches updates.

Please suggest

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Check with the SFTP server team on why the file deletion process is failing.

May be the file was still locked by the server.

Does the sender channel picks up the file again? or the earlier failed message is retried , which in turn creates duplicates. If there is a duplicate check in the sender channel, the file should not get picked again.

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Thanks for your response,

As per the exception received what i understand file was unable to delete from the folder, due to that when channel polled again same has been processed but this time it has deleted,problem here is though i have enable duplicate file checking option in sftp sender adapter it has been not restricted.

Two Questions

1)Why file failed to delete from the folder first time when it got polled? though delete option enabled in sftp sender adapter

2)Why the same file got polled again(duplicate check option enabled in sftp sender adapter)???

Please suggest

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

1.     The file might be locked by the SFTP server while the sender channel tried to delete the file. You can request SFTP server team to provide logs from their side.

2.     Can you post the logs/screenshot detailing, how the duplicate file is polled? Are you sure the file was not modified by the source after the first polling failed