cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchro dates from project phases to item decision points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to configure dates synchronization between project phases and item decision points.

• earliest start date of phase should be copied to planned start date of related decision point
  • earliest finish date of phase should be copied to planned finish date of related decision point

I've done all the config steps (map decision points to phases, DFM steps).

But still not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There

Please go to your relevant DFM configuration and check if the target field values are as follows:

Value should be PLAN_FINISH and PLAN_START and not PLANNED_FINISH and PLANNED_START

You can select the values from the dropdown list

Let me know if this helps

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In fact I made the change but still no synchronization.

I noticed that in decision point dashboard, the field "Phase name" was empty.

Like the link between DP and Phases is not working.

I made the link in the customizing where we assign item type to project ==> link DP and phases from the project template.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you check and confirm your customising under:

SPRO-> Portfolio Management -> Common Functions -> Decision Flow Management Settings -> Define DFM object Link Types

Have you maintained the Logical System for the object types?

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes. I has been done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Go into your Item. Can you see your phase -> Decision Point mapping, e.g.

Can you see Phase-> DP-> Phase -> DP -> Phase-> DP etc. ?

If not your mapping between Item DP and cProject phase is not working

Now do a quick test:

Go to the relationships tab and related objects sub tab

Select your Project Definition (Project Management) link and click on 'Assign Subobjects'

Manually assign each decision point to a phase by clicking the "add assignments" button

Once done again check your DP to Phase assignment (either on DP Dashboard or in lifecycle of your Item). Now check date synchronisation

Please confirm if this works. Then we can discuss what you need to do to get your cProject and Item phase/decision points mapped automatically when creating the Item

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks!

Yes it works when assigning sub-objects but seems heavy process to synchronize dates between phases and DP.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

That is good news. We wanted to test that the sync works

Now we can take the next step and address your concern around the "...heavy process..."

You do not have to manually assign the sub objects. You can have the phase to DP mapping done by default when creating the Item...but this depends on your setup:

- Under 'Define Portfolio Item Type' setting your Item type is configured under 'Link to Project System' as 'Portfolio and Project Management' ? (as opposed to Project System)

- You have defined a template for the Item Type (under

- You have defined a template for project type

- Under SPRO-> Portfolio Management->Global Customising->Portfolio Independent Settings->Map Item template to Project Template or PS Project ....here you map your Item template to cProject template AND item decision point to cProject phase. (this ensures that the DP to phase assignment is there as opposed to manually mapping them like you did earlier)

- Instead of or in addition to mapping Item template and cProject template, you can also configure 'Map Item type to Project or PS' (when the user creates an Item they may either select template of type. )

Can you try this, then create a new Item and see if the Item along with cProject and all DP/Phase mappings are done correctly?

Let me know if you have any questions around any of these points above

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

All these points are already done...

But when creating the project from the item based on a predefined project template; no synchro between phases and DP.

Strange behavior..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you saying that when you create an Item then no mapping to cProject phases between Item and Phase exist? Or are you saying that they do exist but no synchronisation takes place in terms of the dates? On creation then already, based on your settings if these are correct, you should have DP to Phase mapping

Br

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that's the case.

I have done all custo steps.

When I create a project from an item based on project template, no synchro is done between DP and phase.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanaâ,

can you check if SAP note 2252874 resolves the issue? 

Regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've implemented the note and still not OK.

The synchro between planned dates from project to the planned dates of the item is OK.

However, nothing happens between dates of phases with dates of decision points.

Regards,

Sanaâ