cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS-EWM integration

0 Kudos

Dear GTS Experts,

Has any of you worked on integrating EWM and GTS for compliance check on ODOs (EWM outbound deliveries) and if yes, should the transfer of the OD from ERP be kept active or should the only link be between EWM and GTS?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh, Subhrajit,

The situation so far is that the outbound delivery in ECC/ERP is transferred both to GTS and EWM at the same time. Then EWM transfers the ODO to GTS and runs the compliance check. The original OD in GTS is overwritten by EWM's ODO. If the compliance check fails, the ODO is blocked in EWM (the OD in ECC cannot be updated from GTS at this stage as it is locked by EWM).

The problem with having deliveries being fed by both ECC/ERP and EWM is that the document flow in GTS seems to get corrupted at one point and the licenses that are created at Sales Order level and passed to subsequent document get lost.

The end question is: does it make any sense to keep the replication of the OD from ECC/ERP to GTS? Would it create any issue if we stop transferring the OD from ECC/ERP and only keep in GTS the one coming from EWM?

PS: I ran some tests today, I deactivated the transfer of the OD from ECC/ERP, the outbound delivery in GTS now only arrives from EWM. It seems to be working fine but I wonder if any of you could think of a potential issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

From IT perspective I don't see any challenges, to me its your internal business/compliance decision. But I am curios about something, how about compliance check results, where do you plan to monitor that from? If the delivery from ERP doesn't get transferred to GTS then results of OD compliance check will not be reverted back to ERP delivery, does that serves the purpose?

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Were you able to overcome the issue you described between ERP, GTS and EWM? We are experiencing something similar with our current ERP, GTS and EWM integration?

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

EWM prepares the data in the OD for checks and calls GTS. Hence, OD transfer from ECC/ERP remains intact, unless you are working with direct outbound delivery orders with no preceding data from ERP. In such cases, the sales organization needs to be assigned with warehouse in EWM (GTS Integration).

Do you have specific problem?

Regards

subhrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will be transferring both of them into GTS.

Which landscape are you working on ? Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh