Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache Backup/Restore & Recovery

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Expert,

We are planning for Livecache Backup/Restore & Recovery i.e MaxDB

If anyone has worked on this, could you please let me know from where I can get the document for the same or else let me know some good pdf/links.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my company also, I would do the same way of restore in MaxDB Database Studio only through where I am taking backups.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would generally open MaxDB database Studio to run backup for that purpose. Also adding on the above would love to guide you to (which is including the notes no too),

LiveCache complete data backup on FILE is failing. | SCN

Backup to Livecache | SCN

Live cache backup | SCN

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek & Kaushik

We have seperate team who will be taking the backup for SCM system via third party tool and will be handing over the backup to Basis Team.

But Basis Team will have to do restore of oracle & livecache  DB of SCM system. Oracle DB we will be using brtools for restore & recovery but on Max DB just wanted to know how are we doing the restore/recovery because I have not done it before.

Regards,

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends , what is method of backup based on which restore method is decided.

Once they takes the backup you have a look into the log for understanding the method of backup and details of backup media, which will help you to do restore by using that media.

SAP Library - Database Administration

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you know similar to any database, like in BRTOOLS for Oracle also, you will be able to see the different types of backups taken, like Full Online or Offline, Incremental or Incremental Delta. So based on the kind of back ups you available to restore you can Follow steps to Redirect Restore or Roll-Forward or here can-be a Point-In-Time Recovery. So it all depends what are the backups available to restore because as you know you will do the restore from the available backups. I am sure the team you have mentioned is familiar with these methods because in general, the team which is responsible for taking backup, that same team will only in times of need do the restore/recovery. They are, I think, in your case just handing over the completed backup files for safe-keeping only, so that in case required to restore, you will be able to provide/present those required backup files to them.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

If you are planning to perform System copy then you can refer SAP note: 457425 - Homogeneous liveCache copy using backup/restore

If you are simply want to do backup and restore, then you can do by using SAP Max db command ir DBM GUI for which you can find many of Standard SAP help document.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil Bhandary

We will be only doing the of restore the oracle &  live cache backup of SCM system so that both the DB will be in sync.

Regards,

Anil

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Just to rephrase; by refreshing the Oracle and liveCache DBs, you mean to say that you want to keep ERP and SCM liveCache data in sync?

Also, please have a look on below;

Note 632357 - Backing up liveCache data for SCM 4.0 or higher

https://scn.sap.com/thread/466596

Thanks

Abhi