Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Channel Issue - Picking from Inaccurate Mailbox

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue with sender mail adapter. The mailbox i am using is having 3 mails in the inbox(other mails are moved to different folders).

But, it is picking 87 mails from some other mailbox as i can see 87 messages failed in message monitoring.Not sure, where it is pointing and how the mails are picked from other location(not sure about location as well)

Channel logs are shown as below-

Error -  Error while connecting to java.io.IOException: unexpected password response; read -ERR The system was unable to log nidhi.sri@xyz.com in.  Maildrop opened for exclusive access by another user. mail server using {1} protocol with error : {2}

Message in Error in Mapping(LOGS)

Please suggest where I am doing mistake and how it is pointing to some other mailbox?

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I did not understand the issue well.

For the channel issue

A third-party system set to retrieve e-mail through POP3 is polling the server several times a minute. A new connection is being opened before the previous connection can be closed, causing a TCP/IP port issue.

Can you please use IMAP4 protocol in sender channel and give url of channel imaps://mailbox/Inbox (or whatever folder you want to pick up the mail from)

I think as both nodes of PI system are polling the mailbox with POP3 and server node 1 has still locked the mail and server node 2 tries accessing and it gives error .

Please try IMAP

regards,

Vikas

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your inputs.

As per basis team connnection to IMAP is not possible. I tested though but getting error as mentioned below -

Error while connecting to XXXglobal.com mail server using imap protocol with error : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (port 143 to address 10.160.10.XXX(XXX.com))

I am not sure how I can proceed further, tried creating new channel but it is also showing the same issue/error.

Please suggest if you get any other clue.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Then we have only option is to try with POP

is the URL in this format pop://<mailserveraddress>

??

What is the authentication method you have provided in channel?

By any chance you have the mailbox set up on some other host for example XYZ.COM mail server working on office365

in this case people tend to use POP://XYZ.COM, but the url which will work is pop://outlook.office365.com

if you have an account in that mail server how do you login to it via browser through office365 (or some host) or the native host?

Regards,

Vikas

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Yes I tried deleting the channels and then creating a new one. Full cache refresh done but still getting the same error as below -

Error while connecting to java.io.IOException: unexpected password response; read -ERR The system was unable to log nidhi.sri@xyz.com in.  Maildrop opened for exclusive access by another user. mail server using {1} protocol with error : {2}

Not sure but it seems some issue with mail server. Do I need to make any property change in NWA?

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

As far as I Know there is nothing to be done in NWA for this to work.

And your channel is able to reach the mail server too from PI so not port issues seems to be there..  all i can suggest at present is try a file to mail scenario with SMTP mail receiver to your mail server and see if the mail reaches or not. This will confirm about mail server connectivity. Then you can pressurise on enabling IMAP

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Able to reach mail server, checked with the help of receiver mail adapter.

Can you please help in giving reason why we should go for IMAP? Basis will not agree until and unless I will give them proper justification.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Show them this - (you just need to emphasize on lock issue)

POP3 protocol locks the mail access on multiple attempts. Your server has 2 server nodes of PI so many a times both nodes may try accessing the mail server consequently which may result in lock,

https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-data/manage/how-do-i-resolve-pop-lock-issues/

Thus ask them to enable IMAP. and there is no security risk in enabling IMAP.

Regards,

Vikas

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest on the above issue.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava