cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special pricing requirement for discount determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP community,

I have a requirement for setting up special discount determination on a sales order. Let me try to explain

Discount should be applied for an item if:

a.     There are five or more products of the same brand on the sales order (brand is MARA data) and if within the same brand there are 4 or more products of different product hierachies (MVKE hierarchy, level 5)

b.    Ordered quantity for an item line is 1 or 2 pcs

Additional criteria is that certain MVKE hierachies and certain material types are not applicable for discount at all. For example:

- we don't want to calculate discount for services (mara-mtart='DIEN')

-  we don't want to calculate discount for certain MVKE product hierarchies (level 5)

Discount is also customer dependent. It will be maintained on the level of sold to party (among other fields).

Example. Sales order has following lines:

Item     quantity          brand   prod. hierarchy             discount applicable    

10        1,00                 xxx       hi_aa_av                      yes; more than 5 products of same brand

20        2,00                 xxx       hi_ag_gb                      yes; more than 5 products

30        5,00                 xxx       hi_ag_gb                      no; quantity > 2 pcs

40        1,00                 yyy       hi_aa_av                      no; only four products of same brand

50        1,00                 yyy       hi_ai_ib                        no; only four products of same brand

60        2,00                 xxx       hi_ao_oh                      yes; more than 5 products

70        1,00                 xxx       hi_aa_ao                      no; this prod. hierarchy is excluded

80        1,00                 xxx       hi_ak_kx                       yes; more than 5 products

90        2,00                 yyy       hi_ag_gb                      no; only four products of same brand

100      1,00                 yyy       hi_ai_id                         no; only four products of same brand

110      1,00                 xxx       hi_ac_cb                       yes; more than 5 products

120      2,00                 xxx       hi_ai_ib                         yes; more than 5 products

Before applying discount we need to check all items of a sales order. In this example only 6 items are applicable for discount because there are 5 different hierarchies (more than 4) and 6 products of same brand (5 or more).

Please advise best approach to solution. Should we go for condition value formula or structure of group key formula or other solution ? How to do correct discount determination ? I mean all items must be entered if we want to do counting. Which userexits to consider ?

Thank you,

Roman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I have done something similar for one of my projects and here is what was done -

1. Discount condition maintenance based on product hierarchy. This will exclude all product hierarchies that should not have discounts.

2. Custom routine for discount condition to calculate if discount should be applied or not.

3. Pricing re-determination when saving order in VA01 & VA02.

If the orders are changed with other mass processes/background jobs (esp mass reason for rejections are placed), you'll have to check and make sure that pricing is re-determined there as well.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chintan

I understand what needs to be done. Can you help me with just one more tip. Which custom routine to use ? Pricing requirement, condition value formula or something else ?

Roman

0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Honestly, I don't remember what my developer used. It should be a pricing requirement.

Chintan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved this issue by doing following:

- discount key combination on product hierarchy and customer number

- new pricing requirement

- new method where the logic for counting is programmed

- redetermination of pricing when saving sales order