cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is IDM8 Provisioning Framework "Package Version" reliable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

a short question:

Is the information "package version" and/or the "export timestamp" of the delivered "Provisioning Framework" packages reliable?

I simply wonder that the export timestamp is quite old and, although there are quite frequent patches to ICCORE, the timestamp never changes.

As the export timestamp is obviouly not reliable, I'd like to know if the package version is?

E.g. the package com.sap.idm.provisioning.engine from ICCORE03_2 has Export Date 2014-08-20 16:55:10 and version 1.8; so it's not clear to me if something within the package has changed.

Unfortunately, the What's new information on help.sap.com/nwidm80 does not explicitly mention changes in the provisioning framework.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,
                      yes the versions are reliable here - in general there hasn't been many changes to the packages themselves.

Hope it answers your question.

Regards,

Chris

SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this.  Is there anywhere to get information on what has changed with the packages?

My understanding is that SAP recommend taking copies of the standard packages and making changes to the customer version of the package.  When new versions of the SAP package are released is there any way to find out what has been changed so that we can decide whether those changes also need to be applied to the customer version of the package?  E.g. If SAP update a script to fix an issue then we may want to apply that fix manually to the customer package too.

Many thanks in advance,

Pat