Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD XML editing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to do a scenario from ECC -- PI---  SOAP

I have to use two tables in ECC. Those fields put together has six hundred field.

It's a huge effort to create a DT with six undred fields. So I created an RFC at the ECC, with tables A and B. I imported it to PI.

I took the XSD of the imported RFC by creating a dummy mapping.

RFC_AB.xsd I named it

If I edit the namespace and give an existing namespace and a DT_CO_AB and import the news xsd, can I use it to create a proxy.

Also can I use the same xsd to generate a wsdl

is there any other way I can create a proxy structure of six hundred field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhu,

You dont actually need to take the XSD , just import the XSD in Pi and use the same in Service interface. And in mapping use the RFC as structure .

br,

Mnaoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Thanks for your help

I am confused about the namespace. It's pointing to sap. Also the target namespace is specific to to a namespace.

Should I edit them?

More importantly, can I use same XSD for both proxy, Client proxy and server proxy

can I use the same WSDL for sender soap and receive soap

In a different interface I have to do the reverse flow with all fields , soap to ecc

Practically rhe structure i create depends on two interfaces and four message types

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

if i understand properly your scenario is Proxy--->PI---->SOAP async

where you need to create a data type of around 600 fields , so instead of creating the data type you had a RFC of 600 , so you took the XSD of that RFC and use the same in mapping.

So my suggestion just import the RFC in PI use it as source structure in service interface (outbound).

then in mapping do RFC (source Structure)-->WSDL file (provided by third party)

br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj

I have to pick these six hundred fields from ECC and create  a WSDL for those six hundred fields.

Structure is same for both sender and receiver.

If I use RFC as source for Proxy, then I will have to manually create six hundred fields for wsdl..

In receiver side we normally import wsdl but here i have to create wsdl

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun as  I said earlier use the XSD in Data type and wrap it in Service interface

You will get WSDL,the same you can use for receiver as wel..

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

I sill prefer not to use XSD , just use the RFC in inbound and outbound service interface.

But you providing the WSDL for the third party is not a good idea , because usually the WSDl should contain structure+endpoint URL+operation/soap action which can be only provided by third party.

Better take the XSD of the RFC , and provide the same to third party then and ask them to generate the wsdl using this XSD, this is what i usually do.

Now your doudt that RFC has a  sap namespace and you service interface has your custom created namespace ? so you want to modify the rfc xsd and replace sap namespace with custom created namespace ?

No, this isn't required , because i remember i had implemented similar design long back when proxy is triggered you get the namespace of the service interface.

Br,

Manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

Try using the XSD only,Try importing it in DT.