cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify/Trace the user who deleted the Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BO 4.1(SP4 Patch 1); Someone from my team has deleted a universe and I want to identify who this user is. I have access to Query Builder tool (http://localhost:8080/AdminTools/querybuilder/ie.jsp) and tried the running the following query in there but always getting-FWB 00025-error (There was an error retrieving data from the server: Not a valid query):

(I) SELECT A.EVENT_TYPE_ID,B.EVENT_ID, B.DETAIL_TEXT, A.USER_NAME,A.OBJECT_CUID,A.START_TIMESTAMP FROM AUDIT_EVENT A INNER JOIN AUDIT_DETAIL B ON A.EVENT_ID = B.EVENT_ID WHERE A.EVENT_TYPE_ID =65543 AND A.START_TIMESTAMP BETWEEN '2016-09-14' AND '2016-09-15' AND B.DETAIL_TEXT LIKE '%xxxx%';

(ii) SELECT * FROM AUDIT_EVENT WHERE EVENT_TYPE_ID =65543;

Can anyone help me with the right query to identify the user who deleted this universe? Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

Regards

Naveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As your universe is deleted, you can't find the object through Query Builder.

Query Builder is only used to get the properties of the objects those resides in CMS repository.

I hope, you already have the Auditing enabled on your BO Server.

As Adil Raj said, you have to use the Auditing universe to find out the same. Auditing is used for metadata reporting to track the activity of the BO Objects.

You can hit the query that you mentioned directly on Auditing database, and/or you can build the reports for the same to track the user's activity on BO Server using Auditing Universe.

Thanks,

Shailendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. This was useful info to me.

But unfortunately we don't have the Audit universe in Dev environment(where the universe got deleted). This universe is present in Production only.

Anyways thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You can use the Auditing UNX to find out the same.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Adil Raj