Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase log shipping with distributed systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help in this regards,

Recently i have configure the Sybase log shipping for the Disaster Recovery on Linux environment it is absolutely working fine.But this time i need to configure the Sybase log shipping for AIX 7.1 with OS clustering and SAP with distributed environment.

Below are the queries for the same....

1.How we can configure the Sybase log shipping in distributed environment and how exactly it works and how we can place the scripts???

2.how we can Drill DR and do mock testing??

3.Also how we can configure the SSH in distributed systems??

Best Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wajeeh_samdani
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The process to setup Log shipping works exactly the same on AIX as it did for your Linux environment. I am not sure on which host you have OS clusters setup but you would need to configure log shipping on the database instances only.

1. Log shipping just works by dump transactions logs from the primary database and loading it on standby. In the case of disaster, you will bring the standby database online by connecting to standby database and issuing "online database <db_name>".

Refer to the log shipping document attached to the SAP Note: 1650511 for more information.

2. In order to mock a DR drill, you would need to bring your standby database online by the command I mentioned above and then redirecting your SAP Application server to talk to the standby database. After the drill is complete, you would need to do as follows:

a. Dump database on Primary Database

b. Load database dump on Standby Database

c. Do not bring standby database online.

d. Re-enable log shipping

3. Configuring SSH depends on the OS itself and has nothing to do with databases. A quick search on google returns the following document that explains how to setup SSH on AIX 7.1

Getting started with SSH security and configuration

I don't think setting SSH on a distributed system is any different than on a distributed system. A distribute system only refers to the installation of SAP Application Server and Database Instance on two separate physical hosts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wajeeh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot wajeeh for your valuable answer.

But we are encounter the issue when executing the script ./run.sh log in the primary server.As we are running these scripts on AIX 7.1 we are facing the script in like issue grep:0652-033  cannot open -q.

In AIX 7.1, ksh shell is there but the SAP Standard scripts contains in the bash.If we install the bash shell in the AIX 7.1 and run it the script execute successful? if any additional things needs to be do.Please suggest your valuable answers.

Best Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)