cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display values of over written characteristics?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can one display the values of over written characteristics on a given class?

For instance i want to display the values for a characteristic which is overwritten on a class 001 or 300.

I have tried to look in CAWN, but that only displays the values which the characteristics have in CT04, and not the values that is over written on class 001 or 300.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hi ,

Just check the table KSML (Characteristics of a Class) for the given class / characteristic.

If the characteristic values have been overwritten, there should be an entry in field 'Object char.' (OMERK), that represents the new characteristic internal number.

With this new characteristic internal number, check the table CAWN (Characteristic values) and you will find the set of values as per the overwriting.

Hope this is helping.

Thank you and regards,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi flavio

Thank you for your input.

What if i would like to have all the characteristics of a class and watch it in CAWN.

I have tried to use KSML - CLINT to find the internal class number, but there is no CLINT or CLASS field in CAWN.

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check in table KLAH (Class Header Data), the given class CLINT (Int class no.), based on your Class and Class Type.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hi Jacob,

It's me again....

In essence, here are the steps:

assuming we have a characteristic A with three values:

It's part of class (300) VARIANT_TEST:

and here gets overwritten:

Let's go to table KLAH and get the class internal number:

Here, 309. Then, lets got to table KSLM and find the row with characteristic A:

The object characteristic with overwritten values is: 2609.

Now, it's time for CAWN:

and that's it!

Hope this will better help

Thanks and bye,

Flavio

Answers (0)