cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Doc.type of category WMR cannot be determined in transaction /SCWM/ADPROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When I am trying to Move Product with transaction /SCWM/ADPROD, I run into an error.

What I am doing is what is described on help.sap.com:

Executing an Ad Hoc Movement - Delivery Processing - SAP Library

I select Product stock and hit the button Create Warehouse Request, then I get the error 'Document type of category WMR cannot be determined' (error /SCDL/DL_CONF257): see attachment screenshot 1.

I made sure the customizing was set: see screenshot 2 and 3.

Any clues what might be the solution here?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oar_hahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Did you also maintain the customizing node "Define Item Type Determination"? In your screenshot you are only referring to the Document Type Determination.

Next to that, you might want to check the setup of the Document type and Item type via Internal Warehouse Processes > Delivery Processing > Stock Transfers > Manual Settings.

I just gave your example a try in my EWM system, here it works without any issues.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello O. Hahn,

Yes, the Item type customizing was set as well

Kind regards,

Bart

oar_hahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Could you delete the entry from the "Define Document Type Determination" customizing node, and try it again afterwards?

In my system this table is empty so I assume the entry is not required to perform the stock transfer process.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Please check and do the config  :

EWM > Internal Warehouse Process >Deliver Processing > Stock Transfer > Manual Settings > Define Document Types for Stock Transfer Process

EWM > Internal Warehouse Process > Deliver Processing > Stock Transfer > Manual Settings > Define Item Types for Stock Transfer Process

EWM > Internal Warehouse Process >Delivery Processing > Stock Transfer > Define Item Types Determination for the Stock Transfer Process

Above configuration is enough for Stock Transfer.

Document Type determination is not needed as you have shown in your screen shot.

This will fix your issue.

BR,

Olet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Olet Malla/O.Hahn,

The Document Type determination was not set when I ran into the error. I set it and still run into the error. All other settings were already set too.

Kind regards,

Bart

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

check the warehouse process type you have used. The document type and the item type are not determined in this process, but come directly from there.

For example as it comes from the BC sets:

Best regards

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Yes, Process type for SWHI is indeed 3030 with exaclty the settings from your screenshot.

Kind regards,

Bart

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

And that still does not work?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not.. Kind regards, Bart

former_member539287
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be a process issue as well.

Please ensure

1. When you are moving product from Non-HU required storage type to HU required storage type, you cannot use product WT. Because the source storage type/bin does not have HU, However, destination storage type/Bin is required HU mandatory. In such situation, you will get error like this.

So, please move the product to pack work center, then create HU and move the product to HU managed destination storage type/bin. During creation of HU itself you can give the destination bin, so it will move there when you pack it.

Here direct product WT will not work

2. To ensure point-1, you can try to move product within Non-HU required storage type. I.e. bin to bin transfer within same storage type using product WT. You will not get above error this time.

Thanks,

Jayakanthan N

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Adding to above reply, Please check the BC Set /SCWM/INTERNAL_WH_PROCESS also.

Hope it will helpful to solve your issue.

Many Thanks,

Ajit