Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Macros

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

When I try to activate 'Macro' for a planning table I am getting below error message.

Macro(s) Was/Were Not Generated, Macro Book Was Not Save

Is any  setting was missed ? Request to help on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan

The error happens as a result of Syntax error in the Macro. Please check the macro code carefully you may be able to find the issue. 

If you cannot resolve it, please share the screenshot of the macro.  Also when you receive this error message it also show you some additional details for the error. (An example : Syntax Error: Macro 'XXXXX', step 'XXXXXX' contains an open CASE or IF ).  Please include those details as well.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

Thanks for the reply,here I attached the screen shot FYR.

When I try to  generate macro,

Regards,

Velmurugan S

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan

I think you are using Change Mode as "Value Change" in the macro.  Please recheck once. 

Macro looks weird (semantic wise) as the logic is like  KF A = KF A + KF B - KF B for particular week onwards for 23 iterations. I do not know what is rationale behind such logic.

Overall macro looks correct syntax wise.  You may still want to try adding parenthesis like   KF A =KF A + (KF B - KF B).  This may help resolve syntax issue. Please check if this helps.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Velmurugan

If your question is answered, SCN practice recommeds to close the thread by identifying the answer as correct/helpful.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

Thanks for your reply. I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Velmurugan S