SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVA with ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - has anyone implemented (or migrated) JVA on(to) ECC6? What happens with Flex ledger - any funnies if we put that in. Also has anyone implemented JVA on a box that is alreafy live without JVA?

cheers

Erica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Implementd JVA with New GL. Special Ledger 4A , 4B, 4C 4D 4E 4F are available for JVA reporting. Flex Ledger is part of New GL and Special ledgers are JVA tables.

Do not activate JVA Splitting when New GL Document Splitting is active.

Palani Perumal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erica,

You can use JVA with NewGL, but for JVA purpose you will use the Special Ledger further. Please have a look in the note 966000 for more information

Regards, Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Implementd JVA with New GL. Special Ledger 4A , 4B, 4C 4D 4E 4F are available for JVA reporting. Flex Ledger is part of New GL and Special ledgers are JVA tables.

Do not activate JVA Splitting when New GL Document Splitting is active.

Palani Perumal

0 Kudos

> I have Implementd JVA with New GL. Special Ledger 4A

> , 4B, 4C 4D 4E 4F are available for JVA reporting.

> Flex Ledger is part of New GL and Special ledgers are

> JVA tables.

>

> Do not activate JVA Splitting when New GL Document

> Splitting is active.

>

> Palani Perumal

Hi Palani,

Sorry, I do not understand your answer. I have done 2 JVA implementations - you can't 'activate' JVA splitting as such, it is an automatic function; however, you do specifically activate document splitting on the New GL. Did you mean New GL document splitting must not be activated? (Sorry if I misunderstand).

So was the New GL document splitting activated when you activated and implemented JVA?

What are the things to look out for/avoid when implementing JVA on ECC6?

Regards,

Ilse Metcalfe

0 Kudos

Hi,

With ECC 6.0, SAP has provided two solutions:

1). Real time integration of FI with CO. So you don't need to worry about reconciliation between FI and CO.

2). Document splitting - so you can prepare your balance sheet for segment or profit center as per your choice by using document splitting functionality properly.

However this document splitting doesn't replace JVA document splitting as mentioned in OSS Note 966000 as well. SAP JVA would be using document splitting itself since document splitting logic is hard coded in JVA program.

One important area where you may get different result is Foreign Currency Valuation Transaction even though you have document splitting acitvated in new G/L. SAP also now recommends using JVA functionality (GJ90 and GJ91) for Foreign Currency Valuation if you have implemented JVA than using FAGL_FC_VAL in ECC 6.0.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erica,

I've realized the project of impemintaiton JVA within NewGL (ECC 6.00) in Norway.

I wonder who wants to implement Joint Venture Accounting in South Africa?

Regards, Maxim

Edited by: Maxim Behm on Dec 29, 2008 7:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just a simple question.

JVA was shipped as part of ECC6.0 and it only need to be activated to be used.

So basically, we do not need to buy IS:Oil & Gas to use the functionalities of JVA right?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

0 Kudos

Till ECC 6, JVA was part of the core of SAP ERP. From ECC 6.0

onwards we need to get a separate license for activating JVA.

After getting the license from SAP, you can then activate JVA

in your system through SFW5 and then follow the required processes

to implement JVA in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JVA can be activated in systems which have already gone live before. The task in hand is to get the JV docs posted for all the FI docs present in the system. Please refer the report programs RGJVREC5, RGJVREC8 & RGJVREC12 to perform the same.