cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After local client copy table data not came

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently we performed local client copy in our Quality system(500 to 400). But once we asked for validation, they found S763E table data didn't came at the target client. How to find out the route cause this table data not came at target client. See the SCC3 log screenshot at below: 

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arman,

Please check the copy log file and search for the table in it.

First:

Which table contents (of client-dependent tables) are copied into the target client?

Delivery class              Copied?

C                                  YES

E                                  YES

G                                  YES

L                                  Deleted

S                                  YES

A                                  Selected

W                                 NO

Second:

If the table in the source client is still consistent, it may be recopied, for example, via a "Transport of copies" (transaction SE01 with an R3TR TABU <table name> entry).

Third:

After a client copy, you can use the RSCC_VERIFY program to compare the number of entries for the source client and for the target client.

Regards

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Prithviraj,

Thanks for your reply. Please check the below log . Some are showing DEL. , Some are showing COPY. My desired table is S763E , which data is missing. Please explain me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arman

As the log tells us, the table was not copied but deleted.

The table has zero records in the source system.

If you still wish to copy the table please follow the steps mentioned in my earlier reply (point 2)

Few reason why the table was not copied are..

• Check the delivery class of the table (Point 1 in my earlier reply)
  • Table being inconsistent in either of the client.
  • Customer-defined tables are often stored in development class $TMP. These objects are not transported between clients or systems.
  • If the first table to be copied is a cluster table (in the initial run of client copy or a re-run), it is not copied without error message.
  • The error that occurred in unfavorable circumstances, lead to a table in RESTART not being copied.

As from the attached screen-shot in your initial query you had multiple runs/restart.

1 exception was reported please check what was it about. SM21 log may also help here.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks,

Answers are at below:

1. Table's delivery class is A.

2. Source client is having data.

3. Table is consistent.

4. This is under package $TMP, See below image:

5. And we re ran the client copy.

So please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arman,

Tables that belong to Package (Dev Class) $TMP are not considered when doing a client copy. Equally the contents of tables assigned $TMP are not transportable. To make this work you have to change the package of the table to a package that not $TMP and is transportable.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good, you've got the reason why the table was not transported i.e.

1. Table's delivery class

2. Package being $TMP

To transfer the table to other client you can create a request of type transport of copies and add the table in it.

If Ok, please set the thread as answered.

Regards

Prithviraj

Answers (0)