cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Fiori LaunchPad on click of home Button.

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I click on Home button of SAP Fiori Launch pad. It is navigating to the Launch Pad screen, but I want to refresh it (reload).

Please help.

Thanks

Ranjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjt,

There is no reason to refresh the page, the dynamic tiles will refresh on at a rate you have specified or ever 10 seconds by default. More than likely your OData service is the culprit. Have you verified if the count is updated with the Gateway client?

Configuring App Launcher Tiles - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Regards,

Andy

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Home screen is meant to go to Home page of launchpad, why would you want to trigger refresh action on click of Home ? This is not a good practice, if you want to refresh, either a refresh icon on master list can be used or a refresh button can be added for a specific app.

For further help, please visit this thread :

Regards,

Tejas

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

The requirement is that, on the FLP I have Tiles which have a count. So now the user wants, that every time he goes back to home the count should be updated.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean that the tile count is not getting updated ? after say i approve an item in the app. The item should be removed from the list and the number should be updated. This is a standard scenario, if this is not happening, may be there is a cache issue. Kindly clear the cache properly

Execute cache reports. You dont need to handle any code for this issue. Check any refresh issue notes for launchpad.

Regards,

Tejas

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

I got what you have said. This happens when we use Standard Dynamic Tiles where the count gets updated. But in our scenario, we have CHIP.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are talking about Custom tile created by you, may be you want to check the service for dynamic count if it is called when you land on launchpad from the application. Check the inspect element and see if the service URL is triggered.

- Also check the service is returning proper count.

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thread link is missing. I want to add a refresh button to FLP Tile. Is that feasible ?

NizareDamoumat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @prateek.vinod.chadha ,

Did you implement such a button to FLP Tile in order to refresh manually our data ?
I'm looking for such a function.
Regards,
Nizare