Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring RFC Destination on Sender System

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to make one scenario i.e. RFC to SOAP. I went through several blogs available in the net. I have some query on the Sender side.

The following objects are needed on the SAP System - Report, Function Module and RFC Destination

The following objects are needed on the PI System - RFC (Import it from SAP System), Sender Interface, Sender Message Type, Mapping etc.

What I see is that the RFC destination on the SAP system has been configured with the Gateway Host and Gateway Service of the SAP System only.

Why it is not configured with the details of the PI System?

Please reply at your convinience

Thanks and Regards,

Rana Brata De

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

I think the key is in the external program id. Normally you need to configure two gateways, one per application server to do an RFC connection. But pay attention to this link RFC: TCP/IP Connection - Start an External Program on an Explici - Secure Network Communications (SN...

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rana,

Its like host where SAP gateway service is identified and running,Since the service is running on SAP system only we give the SAP ECC system details there.

And based on program ID data is send to the RFC sender channel.

You can refer the below discussions and link inside it so that you will get more details and infy