cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit on number of visualizations shown in Compose View content panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are building a multipart storyboard/dashboard with Lumira 1.30, based on a HANA connection. Right now there are about 180 visualizations in the document itself, which we can see in the Visualize pane, but when we switch to the Compose pane only about 60 are showing, and the scrollbar indicates it is at the end of the list. Is there a limit on the number of visualizations here and if so is that something that can be modified in the INI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Are you using multiple datasets ? Compose room shows visualizations in the pane based on the dataset. My best guess is that you have multiple datasets in the document and the dataset on which these 60 visualizations are based on, has been selected in the dataset switcher in Compose room. Here is a screenshot of the switcher

Regards,

Maaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using multiple datasets, but we are only encountering the problem on one which has a large number of visualizations. We've selected the right dataset but we are still not able to see all of the charts.

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I see. Are you using any blended data in the visualizations that seem to be missing?

Regards,

Maaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean data from multiple sources in the same viz, no.

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I haven't encountered this problem with Lumira. This would be just to confirm. Could you do these steps and tell me if the visualizations still don't appear:

1. Select a viz in the Visualize room that you are sure is not appearing in the Compose room
  2. Check the dataset switcher, as to what dataset it shows. Let's say it shows "MyDataset"
  3. Go to Compose room, and select "MyDataset" in the dataset switcher there
  4. Verify if the viz(that was selected in Step 1) appears in the left pane or not

Regards,

Maaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done that multiple times and the visualizations still do not appear, unfortunately.

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanks for confirming. After a lot of viz creation, I was able to see your issue. I have narrowed it down to that fact that Compose tab shows only the "first 100 viz per dataset" in the pane. And I couldn't find any way to configure this. I can only suggest you a workaround:

The first 100 viz are actually ordered by the sequence they appear in the Visualize room. So, if you reorder the viz that you need, in the Visualize tab, to a position that is lesser than 100, then the viz appears in the Compose tab.

I would also suggest that you raise a support ticket on this issue.

Regards,

Maaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maaz, your solution works. We came up with a similar workaround to add a second copy of the data source as a copied calc view, and then splitting up the number of charts we made across both of those particular data sources. I will file a ticket to support as well to raise visibility on this issue.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be a limitation rather than a bug. Or perhaps a resources issue (probably not though). I can post a query to the Lumira DEVs and see what they come back with - if you can share your Lumira Doc. I really do not want to be creating a Lumira Doc with 100 visualizations.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't find anything on this.

Could this be a memory limitation on your machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The install appears to be using the default configuration of 1024mb, but we just started seeing this issue today and previously were able to see all of the visualizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to modify the memory to use 2048mb and still see the same problem; the list is cutting off after a certain point even though we made more charts based on the datasource in question.