cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the introscope Agent ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently setting up my soltuion manager (I just ended the system preparation in solman_setup) and wanted to install the willy introscope agent (I have the entreprise manager installed). On the official (and latest) documentation guide, it states :

Launch the Introscope Setup application: SAP Solution Manager Configuration > Managed Systems Configuration > Step 7 Configure Automatically > Automatic Activity “Byte Code Adapter Installation” > “Open Java URL” (only available in edit mode).

I have a solution manager 7.1SP14 and when I go to the before mentionned place I have this :

And when I go into "configure system", I get this :

Where on earth do I go to install that Introscope agent ? I tried looking on the web but either found outdated documentation or thousands (but none working) ways.

Do you have any help or advice ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

You said you just completed the System Preparation step...

After System Preparation you first need to perform the Basic configuration.

After completing the Basic configuration  you can proceed with the Managed System Configuration.

During this step you configure your managed systems ( incl your Solution Manager system) for interoperabilty with Solution Manager scenario's. The first system you should configure within the Managed System Configuration is your Solution Manager 7.1 system (S67) itself.

The installation of an ISAgent (= Byte Code Adapter) is something that is only needed for a Java stack managed system ( example: your SE67 Java stack) .The installation of the IS Agent is  performed

during the Managed System Configuration of this Java stack in  step 7. Finalize Configuration.

It is an automated activity and you'll find it in the Automated Activity List. Please make sure thet you successfully complete the Managed system configuration steps prior to step 7. first.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thansk for your answer. I won't lie, it's my first solman installation. If I remember correctly, isn't there a step in the basic configuration where I need to declare my agent ? Hence why I thoguht I first needed to install them before the basic configuration

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Yes, you need to install Wily at OS level and then only you can maintain information regarding the same. below link will help you further.

further doc

Introscope Setup - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Introscope Troubleshooting - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Don't worry even its your first time as now a days SAP has gifted admin these beautiful wizard which guide you through a very streamlined process of setting it up.

please carry on and let us know if you need help further

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

During Basic Configuration ( In step 3 .Configure CA Introscope) you define your CA Introscope Enterprise Manager. The Enterprise Manager you installed needs to be retrieved/discovered  via the Diagnostics Agent .that is installed on the host where your Enterprise Manager is installed. I think you are referring to this DAA Agent.

During Managed System Configuration ( step 7. Finalize Configuration)  of a Java stack you install and configure the Introscope Agent / Byte Code Adapter.

Best Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

OH I see, I guess I just got confused with the DAA, the Introscope agent and the Host agent. Thanks for your answer

Answers (0)