Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM Staging Area ORA-06512 Error

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am getting below error message in Write HCM Employee To SAP Master pass.

getJobPackageInfo Failed

java.lang.Throwable: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: error : buffer de cadenas de caracteres demasiado pequeño numérico o de valorORA-06512: en "ABCD_OPER.MC_LOCATE_TASK", línea 40ORA-06512: en "ABCD_OPER.MC_LOCATE_JOB", línea 34ORA-06512: en "ABCD_OPER.MC_LOCATE_OBJECT", línea 46ORA-06512: en "ABCD_OPER.MC_JOB_GETINFO", línea 70ORA-06512: en línea 1

Our job log seems yellow but when I open the job log, I found this error. Attached the relevant screenshots.

While searching SCN, I found the below SCN thread related to ORA-06502 error, PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small however I didn't get much from it due to my limited knowledge in Oracle.

Error in webi report  - ORA-06502 | SCN

We are using SAP IDM 7.2 SP10 with Oracle DB.

Please help.

Regards,

C Kumar

Message was edited by: C Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Just to update, I raised the OSS for this issue and SAP support informed me to run below query -

Select * from mxp_tasklnk where TASKREF in (Task_ID,Job_ID) or TASKLNK in (Task_ID,Job_ID)

here,

TASK_ID = Task id of Write HCM employee to SAP Master - Customized task

Job_ID = Job id of Write HCM employee to SAP Master - Customized job

After running the query we found that the Job_ID has a circular reference so SAP recommended us to re-import the HCM staging area and made all the changes in the newly imported job.

After the re-import, we have made the customization as required and issue got fixed.

Regards,

C Kumar

Answers (0)