Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party and with out party.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some interfaces already developed by someone.. some outbound Idoc-EDI interfaces are with party and some IDOC - file are with out party,

both the interfaces are using same sender and receiver communication channels, only difference i found is EDI interfaces are defined with party and non-edi interfaces are defined with out party. Can anybody explain why is it defined in that way?

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are talking about EDI-AS2 interfaces then AS2 ID need to be defined for each and every third party which is defined in the party you created , and for non-EDI i.e non AS2 you dont need to mention any AS2 ID like.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right, but here in this case am talking about Party, for EDI interfaces they defined with party and for non EDi interfaces defined with out party, and in both the cases using same sender and receiver cc, so what is the purpose of creating party in case of edi interfaces?

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry Manoj...I think I got it what you are saying, for mentioning AS2 ID, they have created it with Party for EDI interfaces...is that right?

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes if the third party is AS2 server and to maintain AS2 ID you create Party.

Also for Non-AS2/As2 as Raghu Mentioned to address a company you create a party.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Party, the AS2 Id is mentioned as "1234", but when I went to Seeburger work bench for the respective message the AS2 Id is different say "5678", can you let me know the purpose of defining AS2 Id in party...

Thanks

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AS2 ID is a unique Identifier for each and every third party to exchange a message.

For Eg I want to send message to your server so:

My AS2 ID : ManojID

Your AS2 ID :VijayID

So we need to exchange the message ID and configure in my system as well you need to do in your system.

While message transformation these As2 ID are sent as header to validate ,and every third party will have a unique AS2 ID.

To know more on AS2 check this : https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4130.txt

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for link, i will check it out.

In seeburger workbench, the receiver id is mentioned as "5678", so from where thats is coming from? is not the one we specified in party?

Thanks

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As decribed above to send message from your system to the third party , you need 2 AS2 ID one is yours and other one is of Third party so i guess 1234 and 5678 are related to your's or third parties.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Manojs point.Parties are used to address a company.So for EDI since its B2B party would have created to identify the same .

Communication Party - Integration Directory - SAP Library