cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS problems to server running Filezilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to connect my file adapter (PI7.0 SP6/9) to a remote server running Filezilla

I am suppsoed to be connecting using FTPS but I am getting the following error:

Receiver Adapter v2123 for Party '', Service 'ABAP_PROXY_FTPS':

Configured at 2007-05-03 12:00:47 IST

History:

- 2007-05-03 12:03:06 IST: Error: Message processing failed: FTPEx: 'AUTH TLS': command not understood

- 2007-05-03 12:03:06 IST: Processing started

When you select the FTPS you have to put a command order in - but they all fail due to the above.

Has anyone successfully used filezilla with FTPS? Are these commands configurable?

What FTP server would someone recomend?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry,

SAP XI uses FTPS , this is FTP using SSL (like HTTPS).

I think you will find by default the filezilla is using SFTP. This is SSH then FTP.

They are not compatible (FTPS <> FTPS).

If you still need to connect the you will need a script file to handle the SFTP, which can be trigger by the File adapter OS command line.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon, but the screen shot I was sent from my destination host shows that it is configured FTP over SSL/TLS (implicit encryption)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry,

It did takes a while to get working. However it does work.

SAP XI uses explicit FTPS not implicit (was developed that way). This may be your problem.

We also has many firewall issues. In the end we used port 990 (required by the FTPS server) and passive mode.

We are using FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data Connection, with Digital certificate Client Authentication (the FTPS server supplied theirs).

We use the first set of commands (never seem to make a different when we tested with the others).

have you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTPS

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We trying to configure the similar scenario IdocFile --> XI --> Web Server (FTP over SSL Cabable). We are trying to configure FTPS in XI. I got the certificate from web server guys, initiallly it was .P12 file, we generated .cer file out of it.

We imported this certificate into J2EE engine KeyStore service under service_ssl view and under TrustedCAs view.

I configured receiver FTPadapter with FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data Connection, with Use X.509 Certificate for Client Authentication . But under Keystore and the X.509 Certificate & Private Key, we have std values TicketKeystore and SAPLogonTicketKeypair.

So I dont see the certificate we imported into J2EE engine.

I was wondering if you imported that certificate correctly?

What are/is correct steps/procedure while importing certificate (Public-key certificate....I guess) from server side authentication???

Do we need to create key pair??

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indrasena,

you don't have to manually import the certificate used by the server, if it is correctly issued by a Trusted CA (such as Verysign etc). If it is not, you will need to import only the issuers that are in the Server's Certificate Tree, on the Trusted CAs view.

Also, the certificate that you refer in the Receiver FTP Adapter IS NOT SERVER CERTIFICATE!!! You need to import a .p12 or .pfx certificate (or create one and then request a Trusted CA to sign it), in Default view of XI, for example, and this is the certificate that will refer to your server (not the web server).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henrique,

I am kind of confused and dont get what you are saying. Our scenario is Idoc-file --> XI --> Bank Web Server. So XI is acting as FTP(S) client. Web Server is acting as FTP Server which provide us the certificate which is signed by Verisign (Which means that certificate is used by the Web Server). So we should not import this certificate?? Or do we need to create new certificate in XI?

Can you please explain me in our case what we need to do??

We are getting following error:

<b>Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 235 PBSZ=0</b>. Do you have any idea what thid means?? Looks like we are able to establish connection and something is goind wrong. I tried with all command orders avialable in receiver ftp adapter.

I have one more questions ....The bank web server follows FTP over SSL of std RFC 2228. XI receiver FTP adapter follows std RFC 4217. Are these two compatable??

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indrasena,

about your bank ftps and XI's ftps, I don't know if they are compatible.

But this error does seems to be an unrecognized instruction (not sure though).

About the certificates: thats right, you dont need to explicitely import the bank's server certificate. During SSL, your xi server needs to send a client certificate to the bank, which will then issue their own. That is done during handshaking phase, and thus you don't need to previously import anything about the bank. You do need to have a signed certificate that you will use to identify yourself, which should be either a p.12 or .pfx which you load into Key Styorage or you generate one key pair there and then sign it with Verysign or other trusted CA.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Thats sounds interesting...I didn't know about this. Thanks for info. One more quick questions....How do I get signed certificate for my server or what are the steps to generate key pair and then sign it with Verysign or other trusted CA??

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

does this mean that implicit FTPS is not possible within SAP XI? I'm getting same error 'FTPEx: 'AUTH': command not understood.

When i change the command order, the errormessage is: 'FTPEx: Unable to negotiate secure command connection.'

Anyone have a solution?

Regards,

Erik Hubers

Message was edited by:

Erik Hubers