Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project stock segment in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Below is the scenario for which I need help:

I have some project already created in my system. When , I am running MRP using transaction MD51 and giving only project (not WBS) and with indicator 'with hierrachy', then out of the materials planned for that project some are planned under child WBS segment and some are planned under parent WBS segment.

For e.g. I have a project "AAAAA"-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEEE", when I run MRP for this project and check MD04, the resulting situation is different for different materials:

Lets say, for material 1:

we have proposals created under segment: AAAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

and for material 2:

we have proposals created under segment: AAAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEEE

means for some material segment is created for child level WBS and for some it created for parent level WBS.

I am not able to recognize which setting exactly controls this.

Kindly help me to understand how these segments are created in MD04.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anuj Kaloria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue is still there. I am not able to understand the standard functionality of how the project stock segment gets created for a material in MD04, and how does it differs for different materials used in same sales order / project.

Kindly let me know how the project stock segment gets generated?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anuj

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Segment are specified for project or WBS element

of individual project segments is carried out according to the object number of the WBS element.

The project stock is allocated to a work breakdown structure (WBS) element. Components are directly linked and  withdrawn for the WBS element.

The material requirements planning generates separate replenishment elements and segment with the appropriate account assignment in each case for requirements with different account assignment (WBS element).

Read carefully SAP note 359309 - DOCU: Requirements grouping of requirements from projects

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Try to debug the following FM, in order to understand the system logic:

CN_WB_MATERIAL_GET_TO_PROJECT.

Regards,

Caetano

former_member226598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

There is something called Grouping WBS indicator in the details screen of the WBS element. Please check that.

If there is an automatic grouping defined at the Project Definition Level, Root WBS element will be considered as Grouping WBS element.

rgds, Manjunadh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunadh,

Kindly check the screenshots provided by me in above reply and let me know what and how I can check.

When I am running MRP using MD51 for project (with hierarchy), the segment level (WBS level) is different for different material,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anuj

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you share the screen shot of MD04 also which may elaborate your requirement more.

Please note that if you run the MRP for Project A which is having WBS B and WBS C, the system will generate the requirement for both the WBS.

In your case,If I get you correctly, might be the material 1 is used as a BOM component of FG 1 assign to the WBS B and Material 2 is assign as a BOM component of FG2 of WBS C under the same project and that is why it is showing the different WBS for the materials in MD04 .

Also have a look in the MD4C also for the WBS anf FG material combination to check the details requirements.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please find screenshots below:

For this material, the project stock segment is for parent WBS:

But, for this material (below screenshot), the project stock segment is created at child WBS:

Kindly let me know what I can check and where?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anuj

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I am not seeing any problem with the MD04 screen

Might be you have different WBS under 1 project.

Check CN41N or CJ20N for the project structure.

Check if the material is assigned to the different WBS (as in MD04) due to which the requirement is getting generated.

Also as per my understanding, you can only see the WBS number in MD04 and not the project number.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS