cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The stream has already been taken by method [getWriter()].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing a "strange" issue with IDM API :

While trying to extract some IDM report via the API, I get for some of the reports the following error :

"Error: The stream has already been taken by method [getWriter()]."

While the report does exists and can be access via the IDM UI. And of some other reports it works just fine.

The message does not look like an error thrown by the API, but rather a system/NW error.

There is no entry for this error in Sap NW admin log viewer (maybe something not properly configured in log levels, but was expecting anything with severity level = error to be logged...), could not find any IDM-related note about this error, was curious if anyone already had this

Regards,

Emmanuel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad, I just realized I did not switch to the proper log file in the log viewer.

I did find the error entries, which shows what should be the cause :

Could not find taskguid D0BDA6A0-BE0B-455F-88F6-E8EB76B101B0

the ID referenced is the report task GUID.

So for some reason it's failing finding this task ID.

I enabled sql trace and checked the logs. I found out some statements that will return no results like :

SELECT taskid from mxp_tasks where taskguid=D0BDA6A0-BE0B-455F-88F6-E8EB76B101B0

as this table does not contain this taskguid

the reporting job has taskguid=D0BDA6A0-BE0B-455F-88F6-E8EB76B101B0 and taskid=1005008.

Now I'm wondering if there is any step I forgot after updating this report...

It worked (extracting report result with restAPI) just after creating the report, and then I changed the sql query for generating the report, now the API can no longer retrieve results (even if report is properly generated). Tried reverting the sql query back, but symptoms are the same.

Is there anything to do once you modify the report to register its taskid/taskguid ? Looks like those information are missing in some tables.