cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create TO for articles in Return delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For a return delivery created against a PO, I am not able to create a TO to a specific storage bin with the below error.

Storage type 007 does not allow negative stock figures

Message no. L3037

I do not understand why system considers this stock as negative stock and would like to if there is anything wrong in the settings or process followed here.

I have gone through many posts in SCN but could not relate any of those to this scenario.

I checked the stock of bin and could see that all the articles included in the bin have stock category S(blocked stock).

Please let me know if this has anything to do with the above error message received while creating TO

Regards,

Manasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course it has to do with stock category. if your TO is made for a different stock category e.g. unrestricted use stock,  then it would create negative stock for unrestricted use stock while your blocked stock remains unchanged.

Understand a TO as an order, "Hey worker, pick unrestricted stock" and the error message is the answer from the worker " hey boss, nothing unrestricted there"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Thanks for your quick reply

Do you mean that the error message below is because all the articles in the storage bin have stock category as blocked? But the message indicates storage type which is why I am confused.

Storage type 007 does not allow negative stock figures

Message no. L3037

I want to know how this stock got blocked. Can you please let me know how to check where and how the stock got blocked and how to fix this issue.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want something return to your vendor then you have to move the material from your warehouse bins to the interim storage bin first.

007 is your own defined storage type which was found via your customized picking strategy that is used for this particular material.

And the TO wants you to move material from storage type 007 to a storage 916 which is the interim storage type for deliveries.

Answers (0)