cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Error in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

We have synchronous interfaces between SAP ECC and Click Schedule system; We have exception mapping in place in SAP PI to send Exceptions received from Click to SAP ECC.

In case of Exceptions from receiver(click) system, messages in PI are successful but show status as "Application Error", this is an expected behavior...right?

Also when we have these "Application Errors", the message log shows "SOAP: Response message contains an  errorXIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" and finally the message log shows that Message is DLVD. Is this behavior right?

Do these Application errors cause performance issue? i.e does PI try to reprocess these? According to me, reprocessing does not happen but we have a MAX Attention Issue raised by SAP for this so want to be sure.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

this is expected behavior. the message status shows as delivered as the sync response or fault response (as in your case) is delivered to the source system.

Do these Application errors cause performance issue? i.e does PI try to reprocess these?

sync messages are not retried.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It should not throw application error if message received/accepted by receiver. There might be some issue with format message is not the format message that is expected. please check the SOAP tag if you have done the transform.contenttype to xml/text; charset=UTF-8.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Try simulate using SOAP UI and get the exact reason of the message failure.