SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message for FQEVENTS

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have requirement where we have to enhance R403 FQEVENT during invoicing.

We need to terminate invoicing for some customers if they fall under customized criteria.

The FM ISU_SAMPLE_R403 does not have any exception.

Is there a way where we can give an error message using a Macro or any other method and not impact other customers invoicing in batch.

Thanks for your help in advance !

Pooja

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you can look at the other standard functions for event R403, like ISU_SAMPLE_R403_COLL_BILL.

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

If you have decided to use this FQEVENT R403, then you can try raising message type 'e' and I guess this will only skip invoice for the current Contract Account's Invoice run and logs the message in the application log - please try this.

For the logic i.e. to stop the invoice you can use the logic something like below:

LOOP AT t_eitr ASSIGNING <eitr> WHERE <your condition>.

CLEAR <eitr>-e_group.

ENDLOOP.

You should just clear the e_group field for the items to be skipped for Invoice.

Thanks,

Srini

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

As per your statement above -

You wants to terminates invoicing process by looking at "Contract account " details rather than "Bill doc" so best way is to do at enhancement spot of "ISU_INV_SINGLE_PROCESSING" function module.

you can also use event R403 , but only doubt I have is-

you can get same error multiple times if there are more than 1 billing document for processing.

Regarding your requirement -

If you are doing all this because of  wrong master data I will suggest rather then restricting Invoicing you should do the restriction at billing level, because if in future you do master data correction then also you need to correct all the bills prior to invoicing.

Or

If you want to create bills for which you don't need invoicing you can use below Exit to create a billing document without Invoicing (Billing doc without EITR entry )

EXIT_SAPLEABW_001

Regards

Manoj