cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Costing - Production Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys:

Our manufacturing landscape is a mix of SAP and in-house legacy system. When we create Sales order for a configured solution in ECC, it is transferred to the in-house system - which then creates the sales order BOM, costs it, create planned production orders and consequently, and creates production orders - all via inbound and outbound IDOCs . Let me illustrate with an example:

In SAP ECC Sales Order 1234 with line items 10 through 90  (9 components) will create 2 production orders. This sales order is then transferred to the legacy system via IODC which costs the sales order, creates planned orders and created production orders. These Production Orders are then transferred back to SAP via IDOC - say Production Order 1234 will be created to manufacture line item 10 (the configured solution) and Prod Order 6661 and Production Order 6662 to manufacture 2 EA of Item 60.

The thing of note is that the BOM for 6661 and 6662 can be different since they are created by the legacy system, not ECC. So 6661 may have 1 each of components A, B, C, D and the 6662 may have 1 EA of A, C, D, E - making their costs different. I can analyze their different costs in the RESB (Reservation) table, so no issues there. However, when I perform PGR for the 6662  after completing it for 6661, ECC just copies the GR valuation of the first one and ignores the true cost of the 2nd order -  both end of having the same GR valuation. My developer tells me that this is standard SAP and to accomplish what I need, he will need to modify the standard SAP code, which I'm scared to since it will impact the manufacturing landscape in my company.

I love him to death - however - i still think we are missing something. Can you guys please advise if there is a standard function module that we can leverage to influence this. I have tried COPCP002 and COPCP005-  but to not 100% satisfaction. 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not an expert but I am quite sure you can influence this via customizing. Isn't this strongly connected to requirement type and requirement class that is used in Sales document production order is created against? You can go via std prices or costings which can be steered by costing variants also with user exits. (in our solution we have variant configured products, that are received with a price from Sales Order costing).

BR,

Tomek

Answers (0)