cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Control Multiple Proforma single Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, My current client normally issues proformas to their end-customer. Later on, gathers all the sent proformas and issues only one billing document. I've checked the copy control from billing document to billing document, but it is not allowing to post only one billing document from several proformas. What are the copy requirements and data VBRK/VBRP that allows to issue only one billing document? Also, the Item Category is defined as B-Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty. Thanks in advance, JF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify the business requirements? Are you trying to create one final proforma from multiple proformas or you are trying to create one final billing document (which passes the data to accounting) from multiple proformas? I never came across the second scenario.

Creating a billing document from proforma is not a best practice. The final billing document must be created  against a sales order (if order related) or from delivery document (if it is delivery related). This is because after creating a proforma, there is always possibilities for making changes in sales order/delivery related to quantity/pricing etc..so creating a final billing with reference to proforma is not a good process.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I'll discuss the requirement with the client, in order to alert them for the risks of creating the billing document based on the proforma. Regards, JF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding your client issuing proforma prior to the bill as sales confirmation and later collectively processing all the proformas generated within a period as the single billing document which is relevant to accounting.

You can design this process in such a way that, let the client take proformas for each order manually by putting proforma billing type in Vf01 and at the end of the period/after reaching target orders: let them do collective processing of sales orders due for billing, it will generate only one invoice and accounting entry against that customer.

You can also refer invoice list configuration if necessary.

Regards

Sarath

Answers (0)