cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer posting from WM to IM with a difference with stock update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am using transaction MF60 to check the requirements in storage location 8999 (IM) and replenish it from storage location 8000 (WM). The missing quantity in storage location 8999 is 2. As soon as the movement is posted in transaction MF60, a transfer requirement is created in the WM location and the stock is increased in the IM location by a quantity of 2. In order to complete the WM process, the transfer requirement is then converted into a transfer order. At the moment of the confirmation of the transfer order, the quantity needs however to be changed, and in particular it needs to be increased by 3 units, to a total of 5. In other words, there is now a difference between the quantity included in the transfer order and the quantity originally included in the transfer requirement. The problem is that the stocks in the WM and in the IM locations do not take into account this difference. This means that the stock in the WM location is decreased by a quantity of 2 (not 5) and the stock in the IM location is increased by a quantity of 2 (not 5), because 2 is the quantity originally included in the transfer requirement. How can we make sure that the stock is updated taking into account the quantity difference between the TR and the TO, without having to manually post another movement that accounts for this difference?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though not exactly the same, this question is very similar to this discussion

The quick answer is that WM cannot change the quantity of the IM transaction. Either you do another IM transaction to move the quantities, or like Juergen said, use the difference indicator to pick the extra and do the inventory adjustments. To add to what he said, you will also have to adjust the inventory up on the IM storage location independently using the MIxx transactions.

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... a thought, you could utilize the user exit at the end of TO Confirmation to do the subsequent IM movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

what do you mean exactly with user exit? Also, as I said in my previous answer to Juergen, when I create the transfer posting with a difference (3 units), this difference is put in the difference storage type, which now has a negative quantity (-3). Adjusting this quantity with LI21 will just remove this negative quantity, which makes the overall stock in the WM location greater by a quantity of 3. But in my opinion the quantity in the WM location should decrease by 3, not increase.

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OMLX, do you have the source storage bin checked for the difference indicator you are using? I think what is happening in your case is that instead of the picking the extra material from the source storage bin, you are indicating that the material was found material. When it thinks it is found, it sets up a negative in an interim bin so that your source bin remains accurate. Here are a couple of examples....

From source bin

Original source = 5, pick TO = 3. Actual pick = 5. End in source bin = 0, no interim bin stock. No further IM adjustments needed.

From interim bin (found stock)

Original source = 5, pick TO 3, Actual pick = 5. End in source = 2, end in interim = -3. LI21 required to adjust and add quantity to IM to offset the newly found stock.

what do you mean exactly with user exit?

I mean to get a programmer to write the code to do a follow up IM goods movement to ensure that the correct quantities are moved between your storage locations. This could happen "Auto-magically" as far as the end-user is concerned.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you confirm a transfer order with difference then you have usually to tell the system whether the difference goes to the difference storage type or if the difference stays in the source storage type, based on the difference indicator.

If you choose difference storage type then you have to execute LI21 to adjust MM accordingly, which creates then an inventory adjustment with 711/712 movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

indeed the difference is going to the difference storage type, which after the TO confirmation has a quantity of negative 3. If I then clear the difference using LI21, this quantity is simply deleted and the overall stock in the WM location is increased by 3, which is not exactly what I need (I would need the stock in the WM location to be decreased by 3 after the adjustment). Then I still have the problem of updating the inventory in the IM location. Any idea on that?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but then there must be something wrong in your system. If I clear differences with LI21 that are in the storage type 999 then I get a corresponding movement in MM which also reduces or increases the quantity there, Like it is for any inventory adjustment in a usual physical inventory process. There is no difference in LI21 process based on the origin of the difference.