cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending MDG-S/MDG-C Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to MDG and I have a basic question which I am not able to find the answer on the web clearly after trying so much.

When extending the data model for a new attribute, there are three options like 

1. Fields only in BP

2. Field only in Vendor/Customer

3. Field in both BP and Vendor/Customer.

What exactly is the difference between the above three and the impact on while Replication to ECC if any.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Yes Dilip,

I have gone through that link already. My question is what do you mean by extending BUT000 or both tables. Can you please let me know the difference. All I need is to show them on UI and after final approval(activation) the custom fields also need to be replicated to ECC systems

Regards

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

The below link will help you to understand the difference.

Customer/Vendor Integration Data - Business Partners - SAP Library

Regards,

Dilipan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190949
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

I completely agree with Dilipan.

You would know best what is the purpose of the fields that you want to extend.

Whether you need them in BP as well as in LFA1 depends on the field itself & the purpose of it

You are definitely using the Reuse Option as you need the fields after CR activation to be sent to ECC also.

What you need to do in the 3 scenarios is stated in the SAP document.

But you would need to identify where the field is relevant as per your business requirement

Thanks,

Kavita

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Its about where you want to add the field in the database table. Are the extending BUT000 (BP) or KNA1(Customer) / LFA1 (Vendor) or in both the tables? Once you know where the custom field fits then you can extend the BP data model and create SMT mapping and CVI integration if required (If the fields needs to added to both BUT000 and KNA1/LFA1 table)

Thanks and Regards,

Dilipan

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Guess you would have checked the below mentioned guide. If not please check that for more information.

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/07/26a8a24d-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Regards,

Dilipan