cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP Backorder processing - how to control the update load to ERP ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are using SCM-GATP for daily Backorder processing of a couple 1000 Sales order items and Stock transfer documents. We are observing high load on ERPside after backorder run has finished within APO and is sending the updates from APO to ERP for updating the SD documents. Application server on ERP side are floated and work processes on all application servers are occupied until none is left with the result that no other WP is available or is being delayed. THe time frame is short (10-20min) - but it has some impacts to ERP availabiltiy.

What is the best practise to steer this part either from APO-GATP aplication side or seomwhere else ? Can you tell the APO or ERp system how many Work processes to use in ERP to perform the SD document updates out ofGATP backorder processing run or how many % of the available Work processes ?

Thank you for any hints or help !

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I do not think there is a way to tell how many ERP work processes to use for Backorder Processing from APO or through any other means. For couple of thousands records, it is strange that ECC inbound processing is becoming performance heavy for the system. I have had more than this number for couple of my clients without any issue.

Did you check if any other jobs are running in ECC during that time? If yes, can you re-schedule your Backorder processing job in APO to run at a different time when there is not much load for ECC application servers?

Also, can you think of dividing the Backorder processing job into multiple smaller runs based on certain criteria i.e. Plant / Material? You can then run these jobs at certain intervals one after another (30mins / 1 hour) to give enough time to ECC inbound to be processed before the previous runs' results are captured in ECC and updates flow back to APO. Not sure if you will have this flexibility, but you may check this option.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Parth,

thanks for the reply. Splitting the BOP run and run it in different time slots is no option since it is embedded into the ProcessChain surrounded by DP/SNP planning runs which follow a certain sequence and which are time-critical for a global replenisment network.

If no other comment or hint will arive here then we will probably open a SAP call from Basis side to ask SAP for advise.

Regards

Thomas

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas -

Two questions.

1) Did you already setup the trace to see if there is any userexit coding that can be tuned to improve the performance of the order processing so that Inbound CIF can run faster.

2) Do you use substitution and if yes - do you use "Rule Evaluation" in your BOP. If yes - you need to evaluate the % of RBA updates as there could be redundant updates flowing back to ECC.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

to your questions -

1) yes, UserExits in SAPMV45A etc. have been checked already - there are some but cannot be removed or reworked since such changes are also done if some creates or changes and SD document using VA01/02/31/32 etc.

2) No, we are not using any rule based ATP or substitution or CTP etc etc. - fairly "simple" GATP basic ATP + Scheduling.

Any other hint ?

Regadrs

Thomas