Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change request description not editable

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

We have implemented MDG-Customer (ERP Customer UI). The UIBB's are editable / non-editable based on the CR type and other parameters.

In case of extend customer to sales area, user's can't change any of the customer master records. They can only extend it to sales org. This is part of change customer process. When the customer is extended to other sales org, all the views except sales area are in display i.e non-editable mode. User's can only add new sales org.

When the request is raised for extend customer using extend CR type, we get the error - Enter Change request type description and the CR description view (General view) is not visible. It is visible only when the new sales org is added.

The users are used to enter the CR description first in most of the cases.

Any idea how to enable the CR description i.e general view before adding new sales area?

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You can tackle the situation by creating a 'Extend' button  on the search results page, beside 'New' button, when use can select that customer from the result list and click on 'Extend' button and the user will either trigger the Extend CR type, based on authorization he has( Authorization to Extend CR Type only) or

he can select the extend CR type if he has authorization to both Change and Extend CR type.

This is how I have designed it for my clients.

Secondly its more about user training on using MDG UI and convincing a user to use it that way, where a user extends a customer to a particular Sales Org and later adds description before submitting it.

Cheers!

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know there is no 'extend CR' type specifically. 

CR types CUST1P1 (Create) CUST2P1 (change) CUST5P1 (block) CUST6P1 (delete) are available in the system. But we can copy them into our custom CR type but main functionality will remain same.

Are you talking about CR type similar to CUST2P1 ?

UI opens the first screen in which you can always enter change request description and continue any changes or extending customer to new sales org data unless you restrict based on something.

Unless you make some change system will not stop you to enter change request description.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijaya

There is no specific CR type for extend but you can create the CR types based on the requirement. I am using CUST2P1 CR type for extend as its nothing but change of customer.

For the extend process, we have disable all the UIBB's except the sales org and general view as we don't want the user to change or update any other data. The extend process is basically localized (based on region) and general view where normally we enter the CR description and other details. While extending the customer to new sales area

Kiran

former_member219747
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you try the same with CR type other than CUST2P1 and CUST5P1?

Please try same with CUST1P1.

Regards,

Mrityunjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about change request description in table USMD120C-USMD_CREQ_TEXT ? (which you cannot enter something in it)