Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creatioong procedure in HANA modelling

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Experts,

I am working on Eclipse Mars version for HANA modeling and getting unique error when creating procedure.

The way I am creating procedure is  :  Content -> Package -> Procedure(Folder) -> Right Click -> New and then I get an error :

My colleagues are able to create the procedure using the way but not me.
I tried deleted all eclipse files from my laptop and reinstalling Eclipse. Did anyone come across this error  and have a resolution ?

Many Thanks

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Govind,

you should use the developer perspective - (create a local workspace, checkout your project, etc.) then create a hdbprocedure (design time object) ... or...

using the web workbench, you could create the stored procedure.. i dont think you should be using the modeler perspective (very old approach)

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Sergio,

Despite of using old approach I should not get error message. Any pointers ?

Thanks

Govind

JoaquinGrau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Govind,

When you install Eclipse Mars (4.5) or Neon (4.6) and you proceed to install SAP HANA Tools plugin, you are likely installing a plugin ready for latest HANA SPS, version 2.3.8 at the time I'm writing this, where procedures are deprecated as runtime objects.

You can do following:

1. Install Eclipse Kepler, where SAP HANA Tools plugin allow you to create runtime procedures from Systems view. I discourage you to use this approach if you are on SPS11 or higher as Kepler won't give you the right plugin.

2. Start using Project Explorer to create procedures as Sergio is poinitng. This option that is available since HANA SPS7 and you can find help about the steps to follow in the Developer Guide from help.sap.com.

This is part of the unified object conversion that is taking place with latest HANA SPS towards new XSA architecture.

I hope this helps.

Regrads,

Joaquín