cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input validation with function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am using PI-Sheets based on X-Steps to post goods issue for production order components in a regulated environment.

To do so, I have created a function module to check the batch validity while entering the batch number in the PI-Sheet. I have also created an input parameter (for batch number) and defined input validation rule by using this function module.

However, when entering an expired batch the system does not reject the value and displays no error or warning message as well.

I have searched about that, but I could not find an answer which only uses function module as validation rule as described at SAP help.

In X-Steps Café (Google +) there is an alternative which suggests to use an additional input parameter and a check formula for that.

Could you please help me with your suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Not sure if you have found a right space for this question. It looks like related to ERP rather than to SAP ME. If so, then you'r rather re-post it to a proper forum - please check http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18467

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

Thank you for your reply.

My question is about X-Steps and there are some threads about that in this space.

Also, I have already received help from our colleagues here. If you have a look at overview page, you will see that there are some links about X-Steps.

Regards,

Marcos

dimasluis_defaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcos,

put your doubt in

Place: SAP ERP Manufacturing - Production Planning (SAP PP)

Regards

Dimas Faria