cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decentralized Adapter Engine or Local Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hv a doubt like what exactly we are achieving by installing a local Adapter engine? Is this something to handle the firewall protocols? In one of the SAP material, it has been mentioned that aditional adapter engines may need to be installed "Close" (in a network sense) to the Business System? What does it mean? What are the advantages over a centralized adapter engine?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main advantage is load balancing and reducing risk of "single point of failure" so if something is wrong with central system or network then atleast your message will persist for later processing.

Another practical advantage is related to maintenance, every decentral AE is independent of other so maintenance will affect small set of interfaces not others.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps</i>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijaya Lakshmi,

Every XI installation will install a default adapter engine and these are called as the Central / Local Adapter Engines. Most of the times this one Adapter Engine is more than sufficient.

At times, when the load on your server is going to be high , you can install a Decentral Adapter Engines and these are nothing but seprate instances of your Adapter Engine that can pick data and send it to your Integration Engine.

The need for a decentral Adapter Engine also arises when you have security restrictions, DMZ , etc in the landscape where one adapter engie is used for one particluar DMZ and another acts as the local adapter engine etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh, Gourav & Chilla.

Now i am clear.

regards