cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation based on APODPDANT is not working correctly.

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing one typical issue with disaggregation.

Have one key figure "Allocation" disaggregation based on another key figure (P type) APODPDANT.

This Allocation key figure is having 18 months future. Business asks first 9 months disaggregation with one key figure (sales modifications kf) and remaining 9 months with another key figure (total sales kf). For this scnario I have generated proportional factors using /sapapo/mc8v for first 9 months based on Sales modifications proportions are stored in APODPDANT. Again new I have generated proportional factors useing /sapapo/mc8v for next 9 months based on Total sales kf proportions are stored in the APODPDANT. Now both the key figures proportions are in APODPDANT exactly.

Now my issue is first 9 months disaggregation happening correctly remaining 9 months disaggregation is not working correctly.

So could you please suggest how I can fix this issue?

Regards,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Explanation above helped in understanding the scenario, however you did not provide enough details on issue which you are facing with disaggregating next 9 months of data.  It would help if you provide those details and also include screenshots of the MC8V variants.

For now you can verify the proportions by going to Detail-All level and then using Absolute<->Percentage button in Planning Book. This will give you idea whether proportions in Target KF is aligned with proportions from Source KF.  Just a possibility - please check if you do not have any overlapping selection condition in some other MC8V variants covering this horizon of next 9 months which is also being run in the system.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

In addition to above, it is a good idea to zero out proportional factor before recalculating it.  Please try doing so and it may help resolve your issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply and which is not solved my problem.

Proportions calculated based on the Sales Modifications key figure from M12.2016 to M05.2017(6 months) and these proportions are stored in "Proportional Factors key figure for the period of " M12.2016 to M05.2017

Proportions are calculated based on the Total sales of last one year from M09.2015 to M02.2016 and these values are stored in Proportional factors key figures from M06.2017 to M02.2018

First proportions highlited working correctely . From 06M.2017 and after months proportions are not correct.

Regards,

Siva.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Based on scenario you mentioned, both MC8V variants looks correct.

Proportions calculated using 2nd Variant for the horizon June-2017 to Feb-2017 looks correct as those are matching with Proportions from Total Sales Keyfigure for the horizon which starts from Sept-2015 to May-2016. You should compare Sept-2015(Total Sales) with June-2017(Prop Factor),  Oct-2015(Total Sales) with July-2017(Prop Factor) and so on. It is matching perfectly fine. This confirms 2nd variant is working as expected.

BTW,  in your first screenshot where you have highlighted keyfigures, I see you are comparing Allocations keyfigure with Proportional Factor.  However based on 1st variant, you are supposed to compare 'Sales Modification' keyfigure with Proportional Factor keyfigure, Isn't it?

Hope this will help in resolving the issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

what are the proportions are there in proportional factors kf that is correct and two variants are also correct.

'Sales Modification' keyfigure with Proportional Factor keyfigure, Isn't it?

you are right, I corrected

But now issue with the final result screen shot.

Allocation kf disaggregation  (p type) APODPDANT.

see the highlited red colour proportions are wrong.

Regards,

Siva.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great. It is clear to you that both proportional factor variant are working as expected.

Regarding final result with Allocation Keyfigure which is setup to disaggregate based on Calculation Type; P with reference keyfigure APODPDANT. One potential solution is redisaggregation macro. Please write redisaggregation macro and you will see it is following the proportions from APODPDANT.  You may want to run this redisaggregation macro every time proportional factor is re-calculated.  Typically this is how macro looks -

Example:

Macro Name

Step

Allocation KF (Change Mode = redisaggregate) =

Allocation KF 

Hope this will help.

It is advisable to mark responses as helpful and correct as necessary.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Redisaggregation works fine. This is what I am looking and thanks for your help.

Here I need one more clarification !

When we introduced new Dealer(ex 100-siva)(characterstic like customer in DP) that time USER will

give Sales forecast manually those values will be disaggregate based on the existing Dealer(200-Satish) (which is having the history ) because this new dealer(ex 100-siva) don't have the history.

USER will give old Dealer and New Dealer inputs.

Here I am trying to copy proportional factors of Dealer (200-Satish) to new dealer (100-siva) but unable to copy proportions.

My question:  I am trying to to copy APODPDANT values to another new kf ZPOPORTION through copy macro values are showing and when saving the data values are disappear.

give me some hints on this.

Regards,

Siva.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for confirming. I am glad redisaggregation macro solved your issue with Allocation keyfigure.

Regarding your additional question,  When new dealer is introduced which do not Sales history and how do we disaggregate Forecast at lower level.  Let me explain -

Typically,  this is handled through realignment(/n/sapapo/rlgcopy).  Realignment can copy data for preselected or ALL keyfigures from Source CVC to Target CVC.  Additionally, if Target CVC do not exist, it can create those characteristic combinations alongwith copying of required keyfigure data.

I suggest you to setup realignent step to realign Dealer_OLD to Dealer_NEW and specify keyfigures which you want to copy from Source to Target and make sure you do NOT select Delete Source option in the step. This will create the new combination for Dealer_NEW and will copy the required data as well.

Followed by Calculate Proportional factor and this will help disaggregating the forecast at lower level based on proportions from APODPDANT.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor

Hello Siva,

Did above reply help you answer the question?

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)