Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Platinum Top Contributor ? :)

If possible I'd like your opinions about some changes to TOP contributor reward system

the main idea is: Platinum Top Contributor reward

That is Platinum Top Contributor in area…

What would make you eligible to get such a award:

model 1:

a) Being a three time Top Contributor in the same area

Why not being a three time the same Top Contributor number ? (like 3 times No 1)

a) as you cannot predict which No. you can have (sometimes very little difference between 1 and 2 or 2 and 3)

b) imagine someone who was two times No 3. and in the 3rd year he was No. 1

b) you’d have to create lots of badges which will be given quite rarely (for 1 , 2 , 3 place)

so creating just one for each area would be enough I believe

also TOP contributor badges change every year and Platinum Top Contributor could be the same

in all years - it doesn't even have to be a badge in contrast to TOP contributor

model 2:

another option would be to create another model:
TOP contributor (standard meaning - bronze)
silver TOP contributor - (for being twice in the same area)
golden TOP contributor - (for being 3 times in the same area)
platinum TOP contributor - (for being 4 times in the same area)

Why create such a new reward :

a)

the most important

- to make those top contributors stay longer on SDN (remember those famous 20% that make 80% of the job?).

for exmaple in XI (my personal favourite area) every year there are two new top contributors and each year the old ones are gone

I believe it's quite similar in other areas (I remember Roberto Negro and Edwin Harpino - A.H.P tremendous activities)

so some TOP contributors still post - some don't use SDN anymore - but we (SDN community) needs them I believe

b) to create something EVEN more valueable for top contributors (so they will want to do even more)

c) it’s quite similar to SAP à senior contultant and platinum consultant

But there might be some buts too:

Why not to create it:

a) it will be very rare (not 3 x every SDN/BPX area each year)

b) some people might think – why bother for if so rare ß but read point a) in “why create” section once more

What do you think about this idea ?

Thank you for reading and comments,

Regards,

michal

-

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question